• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser and Wario PSA Help

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
I've heard (and seen) that Bowser and Wario have weird structures in PSA. Bowser's Specials seem to be all over the place for example.

Can anyone help tell me how exactly I would get around these two oddballs?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
There are context clues in the PSA of Bowser.
Outside of that, check the article floating points page for more of Bowser's special settings and such.
http://opensa.dantarion.com/wiki/Article_Floating_Points#Bowser

For example, Subactions 1D4 and 1D5 involve the Whirling Fortress, his UP+B.
Action 118 has references to 1DS, the air whirling fortress.

It changes to 117 on the ground so you can assume that it involves subaction 1D4 despite it not stating it directly.

Actions 119 and 11A has the startup of Ground and aerial Bowser bombs respectively.

For Wario, get a hex calculator. All his bone indexes have 190 IN HEX added to them. I can remember from my experiences from making this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnkVukU5WOo

that ADDING ANYTHING NEW USING THE BONE INDEXES USED BY THE PSA LIKE 190 WILL FREEZE THE GAME.

Instead subtract 190 and you will get the proper bone index on the Warioware Wario costume.
This may desynch things with The Classic costume, but it's better than always freezing.

Just use bone 0 for almost all hitboxes. Leg, knee, feet, Hip, Waist, and Bust bones are the same across both so don't be afraid of using these indexes as well.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Thanks a lot EY ^^ So for Wario, it would be best to just use bone 0 for whenever I make a new offensive collision and/or edit an offensive collision? Just for sake of ease of course.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Yes, but feel free to use different indexes for Legs, Knees, and Feet as the indexes are the same across both costumes.

Top Bottom