• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser; a glimpse

Xanthyr

Smash Journeyman

I speak frequently with other Bowser mains and try to develop and progress Bowser in many ways. I don't horde all the knowledge produced, and wish to share as much as I can to continue the development of Bowser. This is the current result of my labor, while I don't have any recorded matches showing all of these in action, rest assured, it's all very awesome.

This all might be old hat for a lot of the higher skilled people on here, but I still don't some of the stuff I touch in the videos posted by people, and Bowser players on streams. I know I didn't cover everything, just some tech that I like a lot.

Hopefully it's useful here, I know a lot of players who don't know almost anything in the video.

Johnohue

Smash Cadet

I speak frequently with other Bowser mains and try to develop and progress Bowser in many ways. I don't horde all the knowledge produced, and wish to share as much as I can to continue the development of Bowser. This is the current result of my labor, while I don't have any recorded matches showing all of these in action, rest assured, it's all very awesome.

This all might be old hat for a lot of the higher skilled people on here, but I still don't some of the stuff I touch in the videos posted by people, and Bowser players on streams. I know I didn't cover everything, just some tech that I like a lot.

Hopefully it's useful here, I know a lot of players who don't know almost anything in the video.

Could you briefly go over how you did the pivot fortress? Is it just a grounded b reversal of the fortress? I couldn't get it to work by doing a RaR type thing

Pluttergub

Smash Cadet
Could you briefly go over how you did the pivot fortress? Is it just a grounded b reversal of the fortress? I couldn't get it to work by doing a RaR type thing
As far as I know, you can't B-reverse grounded Fortress. RAR works consistently for me, what about it didn't work for you?

Johnohue

Smash Cadet
Oh shoot, you must have to jump cancel it then in order to get the rar effect, and I don't have tap jump on

Xanthyr

Smash Journeyman
Confirmed, it seems you need to have tapjump on to do it properly, just switched to tap off, and it won't work for me at all.

Johnohue

Smash Cadet
Might not besable to do it then. Don't think I can hit Y to get the RaR and hit b in time to get the JC. Maybe I should just put it back on. It'll make it easier to up B OoS, BB cancel, and this pivot fortress thing

Jacob29

Smash Ace
I play with tapjump off and I can do it.

It's just way harder.

Matthew

Smash Apprentice
Bowser actually has an infinite ledge-stall, however, you have to be frame perfect. I usually drop, jump, and then fastfall back onto the ledge when I try it.

Top Bottom