• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bowser 1.0.8 changes

x45x

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I've been seriously considering changing up my control setup, but I'm just not sure how I want to go about it just yet.

I've moved off of using shoulder buttons on the GC controller for shielding because I want a digital shield.

The other issue is that the GC controller I have definitely registers u-smash when the stick doesn't actually hit the top of the rim, which I thought was the differentiation between a smash and a tilt...

But in any case, how is the new u-tilt treating people? Any one having an easier time because of it?
I use c stick tilts and tap jump off. I hold the controller normal in my left hand. As for my right hand I claw the controller using my index finger for jumping and my thumb for c stick. I move my right hand back to normal sometimes, but I'm always switching or playing claw like. It really lets me control my movements as bowser so I can do full fades and back hop airials better.

As for u tilt I have been using it on knocked down opponents on tech chase, chasing them as they fall for a juggle/tech chase scenario, or to harass platforms or ledge options. I find it very useful.

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
Awesome, Can someome check and see how it comepares to the airdodge landing lag? It used to recover AFTER the lag did even if spaced at the tip. Also, no changes to Dsmash?

UltimaLuminaire

NNID
UltimaLuminaire
@ J Jerodak No changes to Dsmash, as much as we'd want them.

Utilt got about 10 frames shaved off, making it 41 frames total. If AD landing lag is 22 frames of lag, then a perfect air dodge into the ground will still make us vulnerable. It depends on when you started the move and when they air dodge. If you're using reverse Utilt and have started it up so the end of the move will catch the opponent with dat massive back hitbox, then most likely you will be able to take action well before they finish their landing lag due to the new animation being sped up compared to the original, starting from frame 17.

Last edited:
Top Bottom