• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Bought a Smash themed Blue 3DS XL

PopotheMofo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Manasan28
3DS FC
1762-3215-1154
So I had a Flame Red 3DS and I had to share that with my brother for a good two years. Now that Smash, and ORAS are coming out I decided to get another 3DS so we can both play and I got myself the Blue Smash Bros 3DS XL. Now one thing I noticed right away is the bottom left corner of the back plate is already starting to come off. I just took it out of the wrapping and it was clipped on properly to the 3DS XL. Is this common? Should I return my 3DS or anything? I know the New 3ds is coming out later but I cant wait that long, me and my brother both gotta play this game together :p

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Are you sure that that's not the SD card slot cover? That does come off to allow a new SD card to go in. I'm looking at my own XL right now and there's nothing that even looks like it shold be "coming off." So if it's not the SD card over, there's a problem and you don't want it getting worse.

You should get it exchanged. Keep the original packaging, head back to where you bought it, and explain the situation. It should be under warranty for at least 30 days and even if it isn't, the store should have some policy about new systems. The best case scenario is that they'll just take the one you have back and give you a new one right off the shelf.

KaZe_DaRKWIND

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5043-2124-2144
You should get it exchanged. Keep the original packaging, head back to where you bought it, and explain the situation. It should be under warranty for at least 30 days and even if it isn't, the store should have some policy about new systems. The best case scenario is that they'll just take the one you have back and give you a new one right off the shelf.
This. You should take it back to them. The earlier the better.

In case you went dyslexic and meant bottom right, take a close look. If this litle tab is what you are talking about you are fine and it simply needed to be reattached. If you mean the entire back piece which has the number sticker in the middle of it then yeh you need to take it in.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
This. You should take it back to them. The earlier the better.

In case you went dyslexic and meant bottom right, take a close look. If this litle tab is what you are talking about you are fine and it simply needed to be reattached. If you mean the entire back piece which has the number sticker in the middle of it then yeh you need to take it in.
As soon as possible just so that they don't go, "Well you broke it yourself."

Yeah, I meant that tab, but talking about rights and lefts is a bit strange. My first reaction was to flip my XL upside down and look to the left, but I guess it does make more sense to look at the left of the system in its default position.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I bought the red one yesterday and I didn't have this problem. But like everyone said, take it back.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Even though I already have a 3DS XL, I still plan to buy a blue Smash Bros.-themed 3DS XL soon as I plan to either give my old XL to my sister or sell it.

PopotheMofo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Manasan28
3DS FC
1762-3215-1154
Thanks Guys I did mean the side opposite from the SD card side the back plate was coming off, I popped it back into place, I couldn't exchange it cause the Best Buy that sold the 3DS XL did not have anymore of the Blue Smash Bros XLs. But there doesnt seem to be anymore problems now. Thanks for the replies and sorry for the really late reply! Get ready guys less than a day until the international release of Smash Bros 3DS!

Top Bottom