• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Boss Battle Mode?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Remember when Smash World (Tour), 8-Player Smash, and other things were found in Smah 3DS' files?

Well the files also had the announcer saying "Boss Battle!"

We know stage bosses are a thing, but it wouldn't say "Boss Battle."

Is Boss Battle Mode (like in Brawl) a scrapped mode? Or could it be a secret mode that hasn't been announce yet?

Pit_Icarus

Smash Apprentice
It's most likely a scrapped feature. Not much else could be said, really. Boss battles aren't in the 3DS version, and they probably aren't going to be in the Wii U version.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Boss Battle could likely have to do with the fact that when a boss appears in Smash Tour you and the other players must fight it.

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
Makes a lot of sense, however, I would hate to see the gamemode scrapped, especially since I had lots of fun with it in brawl. I'm going to hope for the best.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Apparently, Rayquaza rarely appears on the Kalos Pokémon League stage.

image.jpg

There are two many bosses for their not to be a boss battle mode.

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
Ah, looks like one of my favorite boss characters made it in, assuming that this is real. It does look eerily like it's brawl model. Could you link to the source?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Ah, looks like one of my favorite boss characters made it in, assuming that this is real. It does look eerily like it's brawl model. Could you link to the source?
Someone posted video footage today.
Apparently, Rayquaza isn't a boss. He's just a normal stage hazard, flying and spinning around in a certain pattern, damaging fighters.

I'll try to find the video again.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
"Battle Mode" is likely an announcement in Smash Tour. There are videos where the announcer said stuff like "Free For All!" and "Homerun Contest!" before the Smash Tour matches. There are matches where you only fight the boss within a time limit (or something) to win, so it isn't a free for all match. That is likely where the announcer will say "Boss Battle!"

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
Boss Battles wasn't so hard for the smash team to make since it was just Subspace Emissary bosses+Master Hand.
But still it might be fighting all the stage bosses, if there are alot more than we know.
But I'd rather not have one since it wasn't really interesting.

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
Well, there is really no point in playing it if you don't like it. If it is gone, then the replay value( at least for me) will go down slightly. we'll see I guess. I wonder, is information regarding unlockable game modes embargoed?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Sakurai: *has 3 unique stage bosses, the two hands, and a new final boss*

*doesn't make a boss battle mode*

Top Bottom