• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bored? Rate my Pit!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Less Arrows!
Pit has a small advantage over DK, and a Pit should try to do the F-throw Chaingrab (from 0-40%) whenever possible. Abusing arrows may be okay if the DK is off the stage, but you need to be more aggressive and not rely on so many arrows.
Pit-s SH N-airs work better on larger chars and some more of that could be good for pressuring.

Time Mirror Shield against DK's Up-B recovery when the DK is tryin to recover whenever possible to gimp and KO the DK.

Beo

Smash Apprentice
Third stock you had a fresh F Smash and you let DK live to 200%?

Less arrows, more everything else.

Coffee™

I need it....
Your Pit is ok. I have no problem with the amount of arrows you used. The DK you faced got brick walled by them pretty badly so I don't see much reason to stop. Your biggest problem lies in your on melee game on stage as well as your edgeguarding. Pit has 3 midair jumps and his Up B....so....use them!

DK has below average recovery and it is pretty easy for Pit to gimp him once he gets him offstage. Mostly when DK was offstage you would only shoot arrows at him, this is nice to eat his second jump but after that you should be going out after him. And as far as your on stage game goes I would suggest using more grabs. Pits grabs are really good and allows him to follow up with attack strings really well and would be really helpful to incorporate into your game.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Wow... I think for that match up, it's a bad idea going all on the offensive... That DK got you with so many Bairs... Don't use so many f-tilts. It may be useful but it isn't good when spammed. Same with d-tilt. I didn't see much retreating in that vid so that may be something you mighit want to work on in that match up... Use Nair and up air more on big targets.

kown

Smash Lord
arrows are fine...you use one too many sometimes.. just to make this clear: spamming is okay its just you didnt do it right at some points. no Angel Ring?
learn how to perform lagless uairs. no dairs?
rolling was okay...but when u roll its to put yourself in a better situation which you failed to perform correctly sometimes. you became predicatable.
I think CG was already mentioned.
You don't understand how to use "mindgames" at all. Your style seemed really bland and just performed the move you saw fit....rather you should perform actions to lead to better actions...for example nair to uptilt is a really good action (which baits opponents) to another better action( which hits the opponent) which will lead to a possible uair.
think outside the box....

i usually dont post this much but your from texas! and i think you went to Oh Snap. so we were in the same room at one point in time!

Hayang

Smash Journeyman
I think you have a good understanding of what moves to use situationally on the ground, but throughout the game whether your opponent was at a low or high% your game didn't really change much. You racked up damage till 200% without KOing... You should try to set up for a high knockback move at those levels, again like kown said, with mindgames.

You can take to the air a little more too.

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
about the arrows. if it is working then keep it up. but the moment it stops working be prepared to give them up and try something new.

on the other side. you need less rolling most of the time u are in a worse position after the roll. note vs dk n-airs are ur friend. retreating n-airs and aggressive n-airs work really well. and also dont airdodge after every move he hits u with. i remmebr him chaingrabing u because u airdodged back into him. next time catch yourself and retaliate. i wouldve gone with an f-air to even the damage a bit

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Um, I'm sorry but that wasn't very good... You could have winged to the other side instead of going up and getting yourself killed. Also, you seemed to run into things without even trying to predict them... It's not a good idea to stand there attacking while someone is on the edge because they can do something like a ledge attack to go right through your attacks. Arrows were used at the worse times and AR was the same.

You might need to work on your basics a little bit more...

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
where was your jab? you wings? glide? didnt even see enought f-airs, which just seems plain hard to not do. I just dont think you used enough of his moves. Pit specializes in versatility, the ability to adapt to different situations as they come. To do this properly, you need to use (almost) all of his moves

Dairantou boy X

Smash Rookie
well, i'll just get the cons out of the way:). u use the arrows 2 much. u should try not 2 use the same move repeatedly. it's effective. u made very good use of it, but overtime, the move will lose power. try 2 use other moves. now the pros. i like how u used the gliding ability 2 get back 2 the stage. i never thought about that. u're a good pit player. keep it up.

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
well, i'll just get the cons out of the way:). u use the arrows 2 much. u should try not 2 use the same move repeatedly. it's effective. u made very good use of it, but overtime, the move will lose power. try 2 use other moves. now the pros. i like how u used the gliding ability 2 get back 2 the stage. i never thought about that. u're a good pit player. keep it up.
you sir, need to make sure of your own pit skills it seems... before critiquing others

PK Webb

Smash Champion
Dairantou boy X its ok dont feel bad just be careful how u come off... Do u have any vids up??????

Top Bottom