• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Borderline and Below Team

MysticKenji

Smash Master
1) How much better is Kangaskhan than Zangoose?
2) Altaria or Vileplume?
1) Kangaskhan's Scrappy ability lets it hit Ghosts, so that's a definite bonus. Also, both have the same base Speed and Kangaskhan gives up a little Attack for more survivability

2) Hm..

Well, Altaria has slightly higher Defenses and Speed, while Vileplume has more attacking power. Also, Dragon-types are pretty common in the metagame, so Altaria might die faster.

Soma

Smash Journeyman
I know its a little late in the process but if you really wanted to you could make a tetrabsorb team, your list had ninetales, politoed/poliwrath, rapid spinners... you could add a few other pieces and makes a solid team if you wanted to do something random on top of using underused pokemon.

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, but I'm not going to do that, Soma. Thanks for the offer.

I'm replacing Zangoose with Kangaskhan. So now, I have:

-Kangaskhan
-Cloyster
-Gardevoir
-possibly Muk or Altaria
-Special Sweeper
-Physical Sweeper

You know the drill. Muk or Altaria, Physical Sweeper and Special Sweeper suggestions. Thanks.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord

-Kangaskhan
-Cloyster
-Gardevoir
-possibly Muk or Altaria
-Special Sweeper
-Physical Sweeper

You know the drill. Muk or Altaria, Physical Sweeper and Special Sweeper suggestions. Thanks.
I'd try Altaria, and if it doesn't work out, use Muk. I don't know... I've given you all I've got! Physical sweepers, special sweepers... Try Gallade for physical and... Roserade for special?

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

MysticKenji

Smash Master

-Kangaskhan
-Cloyster
-Gardevoir
-possibly Muk or Altaria
-Special Sweeper
-Physical Sweeper

I'd go with Muk.

However, you are walled HORRIBLY by Steel types.

Your last Physical Sweeper should use a Fighting or Ground type move. Gallade could work for the Fighting move.

game & kirby

Smash Apprentice
if you need another physical sweeper, check out a marowak for a ground move, and for a nice electric immunity. Stats don't look that great, but consider that if you get a thick club hold item on it, it's attack gets doubled, making it 160, if i'm right.

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
Alright... I guess that I could get Hariyama to counter Steel walls. Now, I need a Special Sweeper... I'll think of something. :)

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
if you need another physical sweeper, check out a marowak for a ground move, and for a nice electric immunity. Stats don't look that great, but consider that if you get a thick club hold item on it, it's attack gets doubled, making it 160, if i'm right.
You're saying it doubles it's Attack stat. Yes, it would be 160, but it doesn't do that. It doubles it's actual stat. Marowak's attack stat can go up to 568 while holding Thick Club. If it doubled his Attack stat, then it'd go up to 460.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Chill

Red
BRoomer
This topic was ok as a UU/BL discussion. If you want a team rated edit the first post with the standard format.

game & kirby

Smash Apprentice
yup, that's what i meant. Thanks for the clarification, wii. Still I love marowak as a pokemon, I love it as I would a small child of my own, but its speed just isn't sweeperrific.

Top Bottom