• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boot Project M using HD install?

Pemblem

Smash Rookie
I don't know if this is the right section for this, but my Wii's optical drive is failing, and I would like to continue playing Project M if/when it dies on me.

I have a HDD loader with all my official games backed up, but from what I can tell, Project M requires an actual game disc. This is not a problem at the moment, but is there any way to boot Project M using the backup I have of Brawl through USB?

Sai_

Smash Apprentice
You're going to have to use homebrew or something. If you have USB loader app, use that to load your games. Make sure SD cheats are on since P:M has some codes that are needed to run it. Get the homebrew set for this game and put all your files in the root of your SD card as usual, and then open up the app folder and add USB loader app in there. If you need more help don't be afraid to ask.

Pemblem

Smash Rookie
I don't think I quite understand. Could you provide some links?

Zujx

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if this is the right section for this, but my Wii's optical drive is failing, and I would like to continue playing Project M if/when it dies on me.

I have a HDD loader with all my official games backed up, but from what I can tell, Project M requires an actual game disc. This is not a problem at the moment, but is there any way to boot Project M using the backup I have of Brawl through USB?
I also have a broken disc drive and i run P:M perfectly through usb
I don't want to talk about this here, I don't know the rules on smashboards regarding backup discussion
I'll message you some links but, I'm really not going to in-depth explain it if you can't figure it out you shouldn't be doing it

Last edited:

Pemblem

Smash Rookie
Yes I have HBC. I'm pretty familiar with console homebrewing.

EDIT: got the PM. Yeah, I think I can do that. Thanks a lot! I'll let you know if I have trouble.

Sai_

Smash Apprentice
USB Loader GX is all you will need. Just make sure to get the homebrew version of P:M installed.

Top Bottom