• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boost Smashing with m3taknight??

angelspe3d

Smash Journeyman
can u do it??? or what...
cuz i am trying my lil h3art out right now...

edddddie

Smash Cadet
you can do it with any character but its a waste wit metaknight because his usmash comes out so fast anyways. just hyphen smash it

ADHD

Smash Hero
You can, he just makes a HEI sound and you can hear the overlapping voices, he doesn't even get a boost...

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
I've said this many times. There has been many threads made for the same question:

Meta Knight's Boost Smash goes less distance than normal 'hyphen smashing'.

Meta Knight's Boost Grab, however, goes *slightly* further.

You are welcome to try to see if you get different results.

Quez256

Smash Journeyman
can u do it??? or what...
cuz i am trying my lil h3art out right now...
Too slow, don't bother, but have you considered a smash out of what's called "wavegliding"?

For those that don't know, "wavegliding", from what I've heard is executing an attack out of a glide close enough to the ground so you keep your momentum from gliding; which can lead into a smash/grab at about 2x of MK's already ridiculous range.

I originally discovered this with Pit, but it works with MK as well; and it offers about, or more distance than a DPC.

Edit: I am NOT taking credit for discovering this, I only figured it out for myself.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
thanks for the tip quez ima try it out. and yea dude dash>upsmash is the way to go

Top Bottom