• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boost smashing (old snake player)

breezh4x

Smash Rookie
Hello,

I am sure there are a billion posts like this, but I really have a specific question on boost smashing.

For some reason or another, I decided to learn Snake using the C-Stick to U-tilt, and for that reason I learned the mortar slide slightly different than most (I believe).

With snake, I run forward, while running I hit A which makes me dash, and then I quickly hit Up+A in order to mortar slide. Pretty much its Forward-A into Up-A very quickly, and I can contact or no-contact mortar slide easily every time like this.

However, I am having a very difficult time using this method to DAC with Wolf. I still use C-Stick as my tilts because it is what I am used to. Is it possible to DAC (And therefore boost smash) using the method I describe?

Can anyone give me any tips?

Thank you.

breezh4x

Smash Rookie
I did try the Q+A, does this method work when the c-stick is set to tilt though?

Also, IS it possible to do Wolfs DAC like I described (and how I do it with snake) or no?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
it should work because essentially even with tilts as ur c stick u should initiate a dash attack while running if u press it in any direction except upward. dash>c stick any direction but up>up z.i made my z attack to make dacus easier.also tap jump off.

Top Bottom