• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BOOST ITEM TOSS ~ Item Toss/Glide Tech

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
Went over it a little bit in the other thread but it seems you need to set the c-stick to smash. With c-stick set to smash, I could slide about 1/4th the length of FD.

I don't remember exactly the results of c-stick set to tilt, but I do remember tossing the fruit forward more instead of up and the length was no where near as long. It ended up looking like a normal jump cancel item toss at best when I tried to use it with c-stick tilt.

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
I'm using cstick with smash, so that's not a problem.

This is not the jump cancelled glide toss, this is dash grab cancelled Item toss ( I think ) they are 2 different techs...

I will try tonight and I'll see the difference.

Firedemon0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firedemon0
3DS FC
1134-8459-4639
I've done it, its nifty, I do not think it is as potent as mega's but we could find some use for it. It is great for people that love to Zdrop fruit.

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
Maybe It works with Usmash... what do you think?

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
I've done it, its nifty, I do not think it is as potent as mega's but we could find some use for it. It is great for people that love to Zdrop fruit.
It may not travel as far, but I believe that we definitely get more out of it than mega. The fruit bounces on top of us unlike mega's metal blade. This gives us a protected approach. The opponent is forced to shield the incoming fruit, while we either grab or trampoline. If they get hit by the fruit (cherry mainly) then the knockback is low enough to lead into a smash attack. This is even more potent with the freaky cherry and strawberry since the opponent will be pulled towards us for a follow up. It makes our past kill confirm more efficient and gives us a new one with default fruit. Even lazy fruit gets mileage out of this. The Galaxian and key trap opponents on contact if they shield or get hit.

Mega gets a better movement option, but not nearly as much as we get.

SafCar

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0645-5834-8488
Megaman can throw the item forward, according to a similar thread in his board. They're working on consistency, though, since it doesn't work 100% yet

MachoCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MachoCheeze
I know if we space this correctly, while using a bell, we can throw the opponent behind us into the bell and get a kill confirm off of it.

This also works with throwing people into the melon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom