• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boost Glitch With Falcons Wind-Up Raptor Boost

7upjawa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
7upjawa
3DS FC
3823-8521-4588
I was playing smash 4 today as a break from melee, and was grinding customs. I eventually made a cool falcon moveset (1223) and when i was just testing the custom moves on lower leveled AI I found this weird glitch. While slightly offstage and a bit above a peach I went to use falcons raptor boost custom, and went flying to the other side of the stage. I saved a replay, and recorded it on my phone (sorry for poor quality).

If someone else has discovered this already I apologize. Can this be recreated, and does anyone think it will be useful? I can imagine using it to go for long range dunks if it is easily doable by yourself. Anyways, if this helps make falcon more badass your welcome, but if not "My B". :^)
:4falcon:(video still uploading as I post, so wait like 15 minutes if this was just posted.):4falcon:

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
The video is presumably unavailable for me.
Sounds interesting enough though, but it will probably be patched if it becomes more well known.

7upjawa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
7upjawa
3DS FC
3823-8521-4588
Its still upload right now :)
anyways, Sakurai said he's not patching I thought.

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
It may be something to do with your momentum out of peaches D-throw, I'd test for that to recreate it.

7upjawa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
7upjawa
3DS FC
3823-8521-4588
Fixed the video so It doesn't restart in the middle :)

Ryukred

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryukred
I was actually testing this earlier as I found it out while messing with his customs, it seems to do that long lunge if you use it after you get hit without doing anything else.

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
I was actually testing this earlier as I found it out while messing with his customs, it seems to do that long lunge if you use it after you get hit without doing anything else.
Hit how? any decent KB move? if so it would be a saving grace from bair attacks.

7upjawa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
7upjawa
3DS FC
3823-8521-4588
Thanks for the positive support on this thread guys.
If it is based on hit, this could be coordinated for some hilarious dunks in doubles matches.
I wish there was something wierd you could do to just do this momentum glitch, to make Falcon more mobile.
BTW sorry i'm horrible at sm4sh.

Ryukred

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryukred
Thanks for the positive support on this thread guys.
If it is based on hit, this could be coordinated for some hilarious dunks in doubles matches.
I wish there was something wierd you could do to just do this momentum glitch, to make Falcon more mobile.
BTW sorry i'm horrible at sm4sh.
Yeah, I bet this could be used for some amazing dunks but it's a very low chance that it'll happen. When I found out the glitch I tried to do some stuff to make it happen (except getting hit) but no luck, which sucks. Also, that's what practicing is for. To get better.

7upjawa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
7upjawa
3DS FC
3823-8521-4588
Sick! This is definitely windbox related, judging from your video, which showed it off a little better.
Juding by the fact its windbox related, Using G&W and captain falcon in teams could lead to our fabulous dunking setups. Use his down tilt windbox for a stage height dunk, or his up air hitbox for a a high recovery dunk, or a low offstage dunk (G&W works well for low recoveries, but save your jump!)

Weeman

Smash Crusader
You can get it consistently everytime after waiting about a second after hitstun (don't mash it though).
It's super fun and has really good mixup recovery potential.

Top Bottom