• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boonfest 9! 16 man tourney Friday, June 27 Completed!

Boon :o

Smash Journeyman

A weekly tournament from the sucesses of Boonfests! 1-8 (season one) and the Boonfest! Doubles Special!.
Olimarman is the winner!
I (Ron) played 4 very good matches vs him.
Please read all the rules and procedures. Don't be a nub and just sign-up without reading them -.-
Dates:
All times are Eastern (-5 GMT) on Friday, June 27.
Check-in: 5:50PM-6:25PM
Start of Round 1: 6:30PM
Start of Round 2: 7:00PM
Start of Round 3: 7:30PM
Start of Round 4:
8:00PM (Finals)

Brawl Rules:

• 1v1
  • 3 Stock with 8 min. time limit, Finals will be 3 Stock with 10 min. time limit
  • Everything will be best of 3 games, Finals will be best of 5.
  • Stages: random from select stages (means that you pick the random button, after choosing the stages from additional rules) from:
    • Final Destination
    • Battlefield
    • Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
    • Lylat Cruise
    • Smashville
    • Deflino Plaza
    • Castle Siege

• Characters: All, you may change characters between matches during the tournament.
  • No Items (no smashballs)
  • No specators, unless BOTH players allow it. No spectators in the Semi-Finals that is being recorded. No spectators in the Finals at all.
  • Single Elimination
STAGE NOTES:
All other stages are banned and are to be turned off.
Random stage choice with the ability to exclude stages is in additional rules. You can unlock them by unlocking all stages, if you don't have this feature, just pick a stage. :p

SUB NOTE
-link of how to unlock each stage: http://www.gamewinners.com/Cheats/in...l:_Unlockables
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The prize for this tournament will be a custom signature by BO X7. Also, I will be recording all the matches my brother and I play, one of the semi-finals match (I will flip a coin), if my brother or I are in the semi-finals I will record our own matches, plus the finals match and put them on my YouTube. (http://www.youtube.com/user/BoonAlchemist).

I'm also hosting a special champion's tournament for all the winners of Boonfests! 1-8. If a winner wins two tournaments in a row, or more than two tournaments total (ex: winning Boonfest! 1 ,Boonfest! 2, and Boonfest! 4) I will take the winner of Boonfest! 9 and,
if necessary, the following ones. If a winner can't/doesn't want to participate in the tourney, I will follow the same rule (the sentence before this one). The date for this tournament is still to be scheduled. If you would like to input any of your ideas/concerns about the Champion's Boonfest! Tournament (any ideas on a better name for the tourney? lol xD), please do so via AIM.

Check-in Procedure:
Check-in will begin at 5:50 P.M. eastern and ends at 6:25 P.M. eastern. If a person doesn't check-in, their opponent will get a BYE and will be automatically adavanced, but hopefully that won't happen, so please try to check-in early, and don't be a last minuter :p.

Also, this may be common sense, but I had some people do it in my last tournament. Please have your wii turned on/set up before the round starts and have your opponent's FC registered on your wii since the brackets are always up
, so we won't have to wait 10 mins or more for you to have your match for that round.

When the Tournament Starts:
When the check-in starts, I will invite all the people checked-in into an AIM chat room, so have the latest version of AIM installed. In this chat room I will mainly announce when the rounds start and such. Also, brackets are updated in real-time (as soon as I get them), so just refresh the window to view the updated brackets. Please don't post you're score for a match in this chat room, do so in a personal IM to me.

To decide on who will be hosting the match, discuss it with your opponent via a personal IM.

Each round will be 30 minutes long.

Dealing with Problems/ Misc. Rules:

If You Don't Check-in for a Boonfest! On Time/ Not Able to Make a Boonfest!:
If you don't check-in for the Boonfest! you are registered for on time, or not able to make the Boonfest!, you will not be eligiable for the next Boonfest!, although you may take part in the Boonfest! after that. Please inform me if you cannot make the Boonfest! you're in beforehand, for courtesy, even though I'm not going get a replacement.

Replacements:
No replacements are allowed at all.
They're hard to deal with, likely haven't read the rules for the tourney, and cause havic in the first round, which is already usually a mess. Also, allowing replacements causes extra "sign ups" for people who want to be a filler, which would be like asfknsagknaskf. Annoying, sorry.>.<.

More Than One Person On the Same Wii?
If you want to have more than one person play on the same Wii, such as yourself and a friend or brother, the max limit of total number of people that you can register is two. So, basically you can only just sign up yourself and one more person. This rule is if incase a person who has more than one person playing on the same wii has wi-fi problems, lag problems, or any other ones that allow them not able to do their match, they won't kill the whole tournament with byes.

LAG:

If there is lag, that is not freezing lag, between you and your opponent, I'm sorry to say, but just play through it. If there is uber freezing lag like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo1Ff4AYMAg, you can try up to two more matches, but if it doesn't work out, both players are disqualified.

Connection randomly lost?:
If you randomly somehow lose connection to your opponent during a match, have another match on the same stage and the players must use the same characters.

AIM Chatroom:
In the AIM chatroom I host during the tournament, please don't invite random/other people into the chatroom, I'll take care of who's in the chatroom.

Disrespect:
If you disrespect/harrass anyone, you're automatically banned from all Boonfests!. I'm not going to deal with people who start complaining their heads off, be a sore loser, or are just jerks.

Dispute On Who Won the Match:
Ok, people this tournament is mainly for fun, so please, be honest and have a good time xD.
Anyone who reports a false score will be disqualified and denied entry to the next Boonfest!.

Smashboards is All Slow/Down Again!:

This is the main reason of why I require everyone to have and be on
AIM during the tournament. All of the discussion going on will be over AIM, so don't worry.

My Wiimote Batteries Died!:

Ok, I barely know anyone who uses a Wiimote. But if you do, please make sure your batteries are charged. If your Wiimote somehow dies during your match, you have to finish the match; it's not my/your opponent's responsibility to deal with your dead Wiimote. lol :D

Winning Tournaments Too Much?:
Wierd rule. If you're so amazing that you win two Boonfests! in a row, you are unable to participate in the next Boonfest!, although you may take part in the Boonfest! after that. BUT!!! you are able to have a video recorded exhibition match (best of 5) between you and the winner of the Boonfest! that you were unable to be in right after the finals. xD

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry that the rules sound really strict, but I just want the tournament to go smoothly, so just follow the rules and have fun during the tournament.

To sign up, please post in this
format: SmashBoard's Name, (in game brawl name), FC, AIM:, if you don't have AIM please download it at http://www.aim.com/index.adp.
If a person doesn't sign-up in the right format, I won't accept their sign-up because if they didn't post it in the right format, they probably haven't read the rules and procedures and on the day of the tournament they're going to ask dumb questions, be totally lost, and/or be a pest to me, usually.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me via
AIM.
My
AIM: ronisummasain
Yes, I accidentally misspelled "asian" in my name, so that
AIM is correct.

NOTE: Hmm. Here's just a little tip if you want to have a tad bit less lag on wifi. It's in this link: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=155378. Mainly the only thing I would prefer you to read about is DMZing your wii/the port stuff which is in the same section (step 2).

Format is: SmashBoard's Name, (in game brawl name), FC, AIM:
(partners on same wii are placed together for bracket reasons)
Contestants:
1. Boon (Ron) 4296-2669-9131 AIM: ronisummasain
2. Boon's Bro (Kirk) 4296-2669-9131 AIM: ronisummasain
3. Olimarman (BRAD)
4854 6108 2262 AIM: ph4tm4n123

4. 7FO (7FO) 4596-9135-8324 AIM: fo7FO
Ernieiscool9 (PWN) 3737-9216-1149 AIM: pwnnnage
Pwned-By-The-Poob (POOB) 5284-1077-6407 AIM: ShAnOmAc173

7. Lotsa_Spaghetti (Wii-G) 1719-2863-6330 AIM: lotsaspaghetti34@gmail.com
Zeldamaster2006 (Rich) FC is 2105-8333-6163 AIM: rkplanet

9. tangy (tangy) 0387-8717-2452 AIM: tangster132
Khaos (KHAOS) 0473-7365-8535 AIM: KhaosErrtu

Soccerstar789 (j-dog) 1848-1355-2220 AIM: soccrgoal101

Ally (Ally) 3609-0908-8206 AIM: AllyOrNotAlly

GGFan (GGFan) 0173-2664-7398 AIM: PMPFTourney
mr.victory07
(Yatch) 3265-4766-3683 AIM: Yatch2719
15. Rockguy1234
(BMX) 4983-4590-2993 AIM: rockguy1234

AvalancheBarrage (Puffs) 3222-5831-8122 AIM: XxtremlylazyX

Dates:

All times are Eastern (-5 GMT) on Friday, June 27.
Check-in: 5:50PM-6:25PM
Start of Round 1: 6:30PM
Start of Round 2: 7:00PM
Start of Round 3: 7:30PM
Start of Round 4:
8:00PM (Finals)

BRACKET
LINK:

http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=272631&tclass=Boonfest%21%203

Olimarman

Smash Ace
Been waiting for one of these again. 4854 6108 2262 ph4tm4n123. Can my friend also join? He doesn't have a friendcode yet but he will by thursday I believe. I'll tell him his matches also since he doesn't have aim.

zeldamaster2006

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to enter. Zeldamaster2006 on Smashboards, Rich is my brawl name, and my FC is 2105-8333-6163.

Edit: And my AIM is rkplanet.

Smash Journeyman
Been waiting for one of these again. 4854 6108 2262 ph4tm4n123. Can my friend also join? He doesn't have a friendcode yet but he will by thursday I believe. I'll tell him his matches also since he doesn't have aim.
I'd like to enter. Zeldamaster2006 on Smashboards, Rich is my brawl name, and my FC is 2105-8333-6163.
i will join fc 4596-9135-8324 u got my aim name 7FO
-_- guys...
Read the thread, and post in the right format. lol.
but i'll sign brad and lfo up.
And Brad, umm maybe, I'll probably let him join.

Smash Journeyman
am i banned from this 1? XD
Yeah, you won Boonfest! 8 and 7, so that's two in a row :p.
I rather you just wait for the Boonfest tournament of Champions instead of entering boonfest 10 though. After BF 10 is done, and the winner isn't the winner from this BF, the tourney will be scheduled.

Tangy

Smash Apprentice
I'll join
tangy(tangy)0387-8717-2452,tangster132

edit: oh dude, I played you a while back before. you're screen name was on my buddy list, but I had no clue who you were =P. Now I remember xD

Khaos

Smash Apprentice
Khaos(KHAOS), 0473-7365-8535, AIM: KhaosErrtu

let's see if i don´t suicide again in the finAL. =(

Olimarman

Smash Ace
Boon please leave a spot for my friend, he really wants in just hasn't gotten his wifi adapter yet. Hell definately have it by the tourney just please leave a spot open for him.

Smash Journeyman
Boon please leave a spot for my friend, he really wants in just hasn't gotten his wifi adapter yet. Hell definately have it by the tourney just please leave a spot open for him.
-.-
K.
He better not get knocked out the first round then :p.

GGFan

Smash Rookie
I'll add all of your FCs ASAP.

Looking to make my first online Brawl tournament go better than my first online Pokemon tournament. 8)

Smash Journeyman
I'll add all of your FCs ASAP.

Looking to make my first online Brawl tournament go better than my first online Pokemon tournament. 8)
Umm... if you have read the first post, this tourney isn't a Robin round type of tourney, so you'll only need to add the person you're facing in the brackets.
About the tournament concern, this tourney series is pretty stable (read what's under the banner :o), so no need to worry.

GGFan

Smash Rookie
Umm... if you have read the first post, this tourney isn't a Robin round type of tourney, so you'll only need to add the person you're facing in the brackets.
About the tournament concern, this tourney series is pretty stable (read what's under the banner :o), so no need to worry.

I added them so I can have people to play since I had no people registered beforehand. Everyone, please add me so we can play once in a while.

Also, since this is a 16 man, I might need to have 4 FCs anyway if I make the finals.

GGFan

Smash Rookie
Tangster won 2 games to 0, 1-0 each. In the first game, I could have won but my joystick was being disruptive, hindering my jumps, but I accidentally had items on so it didn't matter anyway. In the second game, he was kicking my *** and I was down to my last stock to his three, but managed to make a miraculous comeback.

ggs

Top Bottom