• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boom PSX N64 USB Adapter Configuraton GUIDE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dancin Jesus

Smash Apprentice
About 90% of people who buy the Boom PSX N64 USB Adapter (also known as Boom PSX N64 USB Converter) have many technical problems with it. this thread is to help you out with the problems , troubleshoots, and information about it.

1. WHAT IS THE BOOM PSX N64 USB ADAPTER? If u dont know what the Boom PSX N64 USB Adapter is, it's a device that allows the connection of both a Nintendo 64 controller and a Playstation controller to the computer through a USB port. It's limitations are not only for N64 and PS2 emulators but for other emulators such as snes, ness, ps1, and dreamcast. I bought it here: http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?cat...roducts_id=93&

2. WHERE CAN I BUY IT? I bought it here: http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?cat...roducts_id=93& but i've yet to find any stores in America where it an be bought but it can be bought in many online stores. I suggest Lik-Sang cause the shipping time is faster than most places that sell NON USED adapters. shipping time is about 10 - 14 work days. The cost is 10 - 12 dollars.

3. WHAT ARE THE KNOWN PROBLEMS WITH THE ADAPTER? The main problems with the adapter are that not all N64 controllers work with it, the recognition by Windows and other operating systems (though this is rare), and the anolog stick.

4. WHAT CONTROLERS WORK WITH THE ADAPTER? Black = yes, grey = yes, yellow = ???, blue = yes, red = yes. SUPER PADS WILL NOT WORK, ONLY STANDARD CONTROLLERS WORK.

5. ANALOG STICK DOESN'T WORK RIGHT? After installing the adapter you absolutely must calibrate the analog stick. If you notice that your game character barely manages a walk despite full motion of the stick, you need to calibrate it. This doesn't seem to be an issue with PSX pads, just N64. Go to your Control Panel and open Gaming Options. Highlight the adapter in the list. It should be "4-axis 16-button joystick" for Win2000/XP users, and "Monster Gaming Device" (or similar) in 98/ME. Click the Properties button, then the Settings tab, and finally Calibrate. Follow the directions and everything should be fine thereafter. Keep in mind that you may need to repeat this if the adapter is disconnected.

6. I'M USING IT ON PJ64K AND I CAN'T PLAY ONLINE, MY JOYSTICK WONT MOVE, WHY IS THIS SO? You have to have it on JABO'S controller plug in, or else it won't work. To do this, you need to go to the settings menu and go to the last drop down, choose JABO'S controller plugin and set up your controls

heres the link: http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=23&products_id=93&

heres more pics: http://www.lik-sang.com/image.php?category=23&products_id=93&img=n64_psx_usb

IF NONE WORKS FROM ABOVE:

if I use jabos plugin with my boom adapter it is not nearly sensitive enough even with a deadzone of 0. So I use Def's input plugin. Works flawlessly online.

http://www.geocities.com/sm_spam/n64/
If I left anything out, post them please. I hope this helped, thank you

Dancin Jesus

Dancin Jesus

Smash Apprentice
help bump this up with comments and suggestions so everyone can see it if they are having trouble

Dancin Jesus

Smash Apprentice
it seems that many people are now posting how to play with n64 controller online, so im bumping it.

Spamdini

Smash Rookie
hey guys, i just got my adapter. i have a bunch of controllers. the green ones are the best but i have others (green isnt on the list above). so im trying to hook up my controller, i have windows XP sp2 when i plugged in the controller it said it recognized it and installed it and its ready to use. basically i dont know where to go from there. the adapter has a switch on the left hand side. should i switch it so the green light or the red light are lit up? when i follow the instructions above, i double click "game controllers" and then nothing appears in the list. so i click add and i dont see 4 axis 16 button in the list. this is where i lost. any help please?

hebrewhammer

Smash Apprentice
It's the green one on the switch and you just need to configure it in the input plugin on the emulator.

Spamdini

Smash Rookie
k well i basically figured out what the issues were with the controller, for some random "never-will-again-nor-has-it-ever-happened-before" reason i didnt push the usb dongle in the entire way. so i got the controller configured now. when i try to join a server it says logging on and it was like that for about a minute and it didnt move. does it usually take a while? ive got a 10mbps connection if that helps so it shouldnt be speed. i was also in a hurry so i guess i could of waited longer.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
God **** watch your double post's. If no one replies no one cares. Anyways its not like everyone is going to use that adapter since there are many brands out there instead of this. 1 star rated thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom