• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bonjour !

LittleGamer

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone, I'm new here. My name is LittleGamer, it's a nickname I gave myself years ago and now have to stick to, even though it's probably not the smartest. Before I continue this presentation, I need to mention that I'm not a native english speaker and might do errors in grammar or vocabulary (I'm french).

But let's talk about my Smash Bros history.
I'm playing Smash since I'm a kid. I remember the day my father took Melee at a game store... This game has been a life changer, and the wole serie with it. I was playing casually with my sister, it was not competitive (pretty normal for an eight years old tho). Link was my favorite character. Even today, Melee general aesthetic is still my favorite of all time in a game : the menu, the music, the sounds, the speaker... I absolutely love everything in this game.
Then Brawl came, and I played it a ton of hours with some friends, once again in a casual way. I started playing Lucas, because it happens that my name is also Lucas : hearing the speaker screaming my name when winning games in Smash was pretty dope, and I actually discovered that I liked his playstyle. I also got 64 on the Wii's virtual console, but as my friends aren't to much in retro stuff, I could only play it alone and quickly moved on other game.

But things really started on Smash 4.
I first played it casually and "CoMpEtiTivEly" (= for glory online) on 3DS. Not having a Wii U, I sticked to it, and made some occasionals tourneys happening in my city. Not being a big city, there as been like 3 in 2 years, including one on Melee where only two players barely knew how to wavedash (and I was not one of them). Lucas not being back in Sm4sh before the DLCs, I started maining Ness, and still main him today.

And one day, a bit more than 3 years ago, a Meltdown bar opened in my city. If you don't know it, it's a bar where you can play videogames. They started doing weeklies. Being busy with studies, I could not attempt them all, but I remember clearly my first tourney there : My first match was against one of the biggest player there, and I actually almost beat him. The feeling was so good. From one friend watching at the beginning to half the bar behind us at the end of the set, whispering "that unknown guy here might beat the winner of the last two tourneys on the first match !" Then, in loser bracket, I rolled on most players, 2-0 them, until a bigger guy kicked my ass in 1/2 loser finales. Looking at it now, we were all pretty lame, the big guys at the time aren't even average now, but something lighted in me and my friends, it never really turned off, lighted from that feeling you get in tourneys.
We became Smash addicts. The bar started to do more weeklies, even doing a stream of the weeklies at some point, and now, we have a community in the city (Troyes) ; since Ultimate we are going to bigger tourneys (the Wanted in Paris) to learn from bigger players, and, most importantly, we made friends. That's why I was saying Smash is a life changer for me.

That was for the megalomaniac part ahah, hope it was not too boring, but I like to share these stories.

Now that I've more or less finished my studies I can Smash more often. I attend most tourneys I can, the Melt's weeklies and Wanted in particular, and some other like the UTT Arena (a tourney organised by an university in Troyes).
I'm only attending on Ultimate, but I'd like to learn Melee. Right now I'm learning L-cancel and wavedash, because, well, these are the most known. This is for learning Melee that I'm coming here, to ask some advices and read about the game. I still don't have main, I'm hesitating between Falcon and Ness, maybe Marth.

Outside Smash, I'm playing many games of most kind, from battle royales to retro games on many systems. I read european comics (I must admit I don't like most american stuff there, and I'm currently trying to read some mangas but it's a kind of comics I have some hard to like), my favorites being Larcenet's and Gotlieb's comics. I listen to many music from all genre, with a preference for progressive rock (King Crimson <3 ), but failed to learn guitare several times. I also develop games, slowly, on Game Maker 2 (still learning GML but that's coming).

In life, I'm a french teacher. If you need to write something in french, just ask me !

Phew, that was longer than expected. You gotta stop me when I'm starting to say too much.

Top Bottom