• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bommb teching, who does it? and when is it used?

Mr.Red

Smash Apprentice
If I understand correctly, bomb teching is when you purposly get a bomb to explode on you so that you can tech toward or away from ur oponent.

I can't see this being bery useful although through expirimenting I've realized a simple manouver that could possibly be used in combat with bombteching.

this manouver is simply hurling you're bomb at the enemy in hopes that they will shield it. the bomb will then fly up in the air vertically, that's when you use your FSmash, use it both times and you should finsh the attack with about a second until you're bomb falls and hits you , after that you just tech away from your oponent.

I can't see this being extremely useful but I was wondering what else was bomb teching used for?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
well, you could always just wd backwards out of there after your fsmash...but bomb-teching works too.
also, if you know enough about Link you should know that Bombs are used for really long distance recoveries: Link's Bomb Jump.

hero_link

Smash Cadet
Use it when you used your chain and someone is continously edge guarding you or if your far away from the stage with high %. When i use it in battle i have a 30% sucess rate

The_Eradicator

Smash Rookie
Bomb teching as seen in Germ's Linkology looks cool as hell but I don't see any use for it. But the bomb jump is invaluable, you can recover from great distances w/out the hookshot I've gotten pretty good at it. In fact when my crew plays me they keep their guard up even when I'm way off the stage because they know of the high possibility of me making the bomb jump

Top Bottom