• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bombslide into full hop double bomb?

Iancies

Smash Rookie
I was screwing around with the short hop double bomb technique (Go to Fox is openly deceptive's thread Link's complete list of AT's and tricks for more details) and I think that this technique is better performed throwing the first bomb up in the air using a bombslide. After the slide is over, the bomb will be higher in the air and to the side of link, and so after you pull out another bomb, a full hop and double jump is required if you want to reach the bomb in the air and throw it as quickly as possible. If you have space then I would also recommend throwing the boomerang at the end as you are flying to the ground. Double bomb and boomerang makes for a pretty impenetrable wall of projectiles.

You can do it with a SH and then double jump at the last second as a mixup but the bombs would have less range and wouldn't be thrown quickly one after the other. The fact that link has to DI to the left or right to reach a bomb thrown by bombslide makes throwing both bombs straight at the ground an option since if link is DIing left or right, the bombs will explode in different spots. You can do a retreating bombslide to give yourself extra range to perform the technique, or if you slide forward it could be used as a surprise edgeguard if you manage to knock your opponent across the stage (probably only effective when used sparingly as a surprise though since bombs knock the opponent upward). I also like to throw a couple bombs straight up into the air every once in a while to make it slowly rain bombs across the stage.

What I like about this is that there are so many options for what you could do depending on the situation. You could throw the first bomb forward only to miss your opponent as he rushes under it, and then you could throw the second bomb upward or downward depending on when you want it to land in order to attack just below you or you could even just catch the bomb and use it later, maybe with a dair towards your opponent. I don't know, maybe all of this is useless, but even if it is it still looks awesome. What do you think?

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
...Bomb mindgames ftw.
I'd just break that up into a couple paragraphs though, lol. My brain kind of exploded the first time I saw your wall of text. xD

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I was screwing around with the short hop double bomb technique (Go to Fox is openly deceptive's thread Link's complete list of AT's and tricks for more details) and I think that this technique is better performed throwing the first bomb up in the air using a bombslide. After the slide is over, the bomb will be higher in the air and to the side of link, and so after you pull out another bomb, a full hop and double jump is required if you want to reach the bomb in the air and throw it as quickly as possible. If you have space then I would also recommend throwing the boomerang at the end as you are flying to the ground. Double bomb and boomerang makes for a pretty inpenetrable wall of projectiles.

You can do it with a SH and then double jump at the last second as a mixup but the bombs would have less range and wouldn't be thrown quickly one after the other. The fact that link has to DI to the left or right to reach a bomb thrown by bombslide makes throwing both bombs straight at the ground an option since if link is DIing left or right, the bombs will explode in different spots. You can do a retreating bombslide to give yourself extra range to perform the technique, or if you slide forward it could be used as a surprise edgeguard if you manage to knock your opponent across the stage (probably only effective when used sparingly as a surprise though since bombs knock the opponent upward). I also like to throw a couple bombs straight up into the air every once in a while to make it slowly rain bombs across the stage.

What I like about this is that there are so many options for what you could do depending on the situation. You could throw the first bomb forward only to miss your opponent as he rushes under it, and then you could throw the second bomb upward or downward depending on when you want it to land in order to attack just below you or you could even just catch the bomb and use it later, maybe with a dair towards your opponent. I don't know, maybe all of this is useless, but even if it is it still looks awesome. What do you think?
^For brain implosion prevention. :)

Pretty good, anything that can mix things up is good for Link IMO.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
I'm just glad that people are actually reading my thread and getting something out of it.

But yeah, sounds good man. The Toon's have found many variations to that tech, so I wouldn't be surprised if Link has heaps as well. I love the idea of implementing a Bombslide though. It would be really good for retreating to give you enough time to pull it off. So yeah, nice idea.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Interesting... although I question the amount of time it takes in order to do this against a number of the cast that can continually pressure Link even if he is retreating...

Top Bottom