• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bombs, Uses?

Scrubs

Smash Lord
Does anyone else find Toon Link's bombs less useful than his other projectiles?

The two main uses I have for them are throwing them up and opponents coming down at me in order to get them to use their second jump so it is easier to Uair them.

and..

Throwing/Dropping them down at opponents recovering from below.

Thats about it though.

Does anyone use them for regularly as part of his projectile game.

Deep2

Smash Apprentice
I think his bombs are very useful.
I probably use his bombs maybe a good 75 times in a match. Maybe more.
What i usually do is shoot his boomerang, then arrow, then jump over my opponent and throw a bomb, he gets annoyed like that if you do it repeatedly, and then you pretty much got the match covered. :laugh:

Skillface

Smash Cadet
I'd actually say that spin attack would be my least used special move.

I rely heavily on my projectiles when facing opponents, and I'd say that bombs are probably the most important.

kennypoopoo

Smash Apprentice
I havent played brawl yet unfortunatly but i know with Y.L i would normally SH Z drop on and use my second jump to pull another one out theres alot of uses for bombs

jasonw002

Smash Rookie
NNID
Seashell
3DS FC
4613-8751-4371
Just another thing someone has to dogde helps out your game. Plus the explosion is cartoon which is sweet.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
It helps by adding extra pressure onto your projectile game. With Toon Link, being very fast with awesome projectiles is one of his key points. With bombs, arrows, and his boomerang you can easily force them to come to you while you pelt them with projectiles. You can also just Z drop them in the air and momentum dodge so that if anyone tries to attack you they hit the bomb instead. Applying pressure, adding defensive manuevers, and tacking on damage is a projectile's use, and Toon Link's bombs is no exception. Just wait ti'll March 9th, you'll see a lot of Toon Links spam ALL of his projectiles.

Will19

Smash Apprentice
Also it's great for Mindgames.
The opponent sees you pull out a bomb and then get extra carefull not to get too close to you.
Jumpin, dropin and then grabin it again is also a sweet move.
Oh, and Bomb D-Throwing in the air followed by a dair is also a sweet move. : P

susu_atari

Smash Ace
Use them while coming FROM above to combo into his Dair.

Also, have one to hand and combo it in after you up-throw an enemy. You can then combo that into his uair, which you can't do unless you link it with a bomb. Only works on low damage, though, obviously.

Top Bottom