• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bomberman Explodes In Smash 4! We Await for Results

Do you support Bomberman?

• Total voters

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I hate to bump threads, but I just hate seeing this be so dead! This thread has become so inactive, along with the OP…

I want to do something with this…
Hey! You! Mod that can be watching this! Can I please take over as the owner of this thread please? I love Bomberman and I want to give his support thread some life!
EDIT: Apparently, it's taking a while for mods to do that...
When it's possible though, can it please happen?
Brawler610,do you still want to be the new onwner?
Because I will ask the mods if you want,and if you don't want I think I will be the new owner.

D

Deleted member

Brawler610,do you still want to be the new onwner?
Because I will ask the mods if you want,and if you don't want I think I will be the new owner.
I REALLY want to be the new owner of the Bomberman thread. I love the little guy and it upsets me that nothing has been done with this thread. I wanna take it over and create a new life with it, like you did with the Bandana Dee thread.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I REALLY want to be the new owner of the Bomberman thread. I love the little guy and it upsets me that nothing has been done with this thread. I wanna take it over and create a new life with it, like you did with the Bandana Dee thread.
I asked Falkoopa if you can be the new owner,you only need to wait now.

D

Deleted member

I asked Falkoopa if you can be the new owner,you only need to wait now.
Thank you!
I heard that the mods are having issues with giving threads to new owners. I hope that this issue can be resolved soon.

D

Deleted member

If Bomberman was in SSB4, do you guys think that they would incorporate his moveset in Dream Mix TV World Fighters? That game is essentially a Smash Bros. clone that featured characters like Bomberman, Optimus Prime, Simon Belmont, and Snake. Here's some gameplay of Bomberman in that game:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I suggest re-doing the OP, it seems lackluster and is a copy-paste from the old Bomberman for Brawl thread.

Add me to the supporters, while you're at it.

D

Deleted member

I suggest re-doing the OP, it seems lackluster and is a copy-paste from the old Bomberman for Brawl thread.

Add me to the supporters, while you're at it.
I have redone the OP… but it's not 100% complete. I will edit it over the course of a couple of days as I need someone to give me some arguments that have been commonly used against Bomberman. I will get the music done before tonight though.
I'm a supporter.
I will add you and APC to the support list!

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I have redone the OP… but it's not 100% complete. I will edit it over the course of a couple of days as I need someone to give me some arguments that have been commonly used against Bomberman. I will get the music done before tonight though.

I will add you and APC to the support list!

I'll definitely work on a moveset of some sort for you, so look out for that!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
You want arguments used against Bomberman?

1) Konami already has a character
2) Bomberman has lost the majority of his popularity due to lack of games and lack of titles in development
4) If Bomberman didn't get included in Brawl when he had games and popularity, why would he be included now?

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211

2) Bomberman has lost the majority of his popularity due to lack of games and lack of titles in development
4) If Bomberman didn't get included in Brawl when he had games and popularity, why would he be included now?

What's 3)? :troll:

D

Deleted member

I'll definitely work on a moveset of some sort for you, so look out for that!
I definitely will!
Nice thread title..
Hahaha! Thanks! It came from this commercial:
So cheesy, yet so awesome.

What's the third one? :p
In all seriousness, I will add those in the OP when I get the chance. I will focus on putting in the arguments tomorrow.
Also, I understand that you made banners for some of the support threads on this website. If it isn't much of a hassle, can I have one for Bomberman, please? If you don't want to, then I understand.

D

Deleted member

If you wanna help out with the Bomberman support thread, you can also:
1. Give me articles and official statements by people from Hudson Soft
2. Various polls for SSB4
3. Make essays as to why Bomberman would be a good addition to the SSB4 roster
4. Help make some noise for the White Bomber on other websites

I wish that what I can do now will help influence the development now or later development for SSB5.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's a bit too late for most of that stuff (for SSB4) and bit too early for SSB5, right now all you can do is wait and try to cultivate this thread I guess. Popularity and support at this point won't really matter.

Also, I understand that you made banners for some of the support threads on this website. If it isn't much of a hassle, can I have one for Bomberman, please? If you don't want to, then I understand.
I haven't made one in a while, but should I start again I'll definitely consider it and let you know should I make one.

D

Deleted member

It's a bit too late for most of that stuff (for SSB4) and bit too early for SSB5, right now all you can do is wait and try to cultivate this thread I guess. Popularity and support at this point won't really matter.

I haven't made one in a while, but should I start again I'll definitely consider it and let you know should I make one.
While unfortunately this is true, I am going to keep the faith alive and hope for the best for Bomberman.

Thank you so much! If you make one, I'll add it to the original post!

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
Add me to supporters

And a reason he should be in is because he has had 34 games exclusive to nintendo consoles, and he has had 50+ games on nintendo consoles total

D

Deleted member

Add me to supporters

And a reason he should be in is because he has had 34 games exclusive to nintendo consoles, and he has had 50+ games on nintendo consoles total
Glad to add you to the list of supporters!

Yes. He has just has as many, if not even more, games on Nintendo consoles as Mega Man. That's why I believe that he a Nintendo all-star despite not being owned by Nintendo. He is an important part of Nintendo's history.

EDIT: I put what you said in the original post, I hope you don't mind!

D

Deleted member

The music section has been updated! Enjoy lots of Bomberman music to your leisure! If I left any out, let me know! If you have a favorite, I will definitely add it!
You called me APC88 in the OP.
Whoops! It's fixed now! I got your 9s mixed up with 8s.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Crucify me, but I really want Bomberman more than Sonic or Snake, just Megaman in front! This is all because Bomberman 64 was one of my favorite games in N64. I played a lot in vs. mode! Loved to pump bombs and throw them at my friends! Red Bombs are BROKEN!

D

Deleted member

Crucify me, but I really want Bomberman more than Sonic or Snake, just Megaman in front! This is all because Bomberman 64 was one of my favorite games in N64. I played a lot in vs. mode! Loved to pump bombs and throw them at my friends! Red Bombs are BROKEN!
To be honest, Bomberman was my 2nd most wanted 3rd party character, my first being Sonic. When I heard that there could be a 3rd 3rd party, I thought it would be Bomberman. I'm excited that Sonic is returning in SSB4, but I don't care too much for Snake and I don't have any real connection with Mega Man (but I'm glad that he's in).
Bomberman was a part of my childhood and I played Bomberman 64 for hours. Mario vs. Luigi vs. Sonic vs. Bomberman… that would be the ultimate fight to me… the battle of my childhood heroes.
And yes, Red Bombs are OP.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Glad to add you to the list of supporters!

Yes. He has just has as many, if not even more, games on Nintendo consoles as Mega Man. That's why I believe that he a Nintendo all-star despite not being owned by Nintendo. He is an important part of Nintendo's history.

EDIT: I put what you said in the original post, I hope you don't mind!
Not saying Bomberman isn't an Nintendo all-star, but Bomberman only have more games than Megaman if you only count classic Megaman.
Classic Megaman: 35 games not counting mobile games. 19 on nintendo consoles, 16 Exlusives.
All Megaman games (Including: Classic, X, Z, Battle network, etc.): Over 100 games. around 55 on Nintendo consoles with almost 50 being exlusives.
So I'm not sure I would use the argument that he has more games than Megaman. Nothing against Bomberman, just wanted to point out.

D

Deleted member

Not saying Bomberman isn't an Nintendo all-star, but Bomberman only have more games than Megaman if you only count classic Megaman.
Classic Megaman: 35 games not counting mobile games. 19 on nintendo consoles, 16 Exlusives.
All Megaman games (Including: Classic, X, Z, Battle network, etc.): Over 100 games. around 55 on Nintendo consoles with almost 50 being exlusives.
So I'm not sure I would use the argument that he has more games than Megaman. Nothing against Bomberman, just wanted to point out.
Alright. I edited the sentence in the original post, changing it to that he is prominent on Nintendo's consoles. I was mostly thinking of the classic Mega Man games rather than X and Battle Network games.

D

Deleted member

I found my moveset! I only included the specials and I slightly edited the original. So, here it is:
[COLLAPSE=Brawler610's moveset]
Neutral Special: Bomb Throw: Bomberman would throw a bomb. It would cause decent knock back and it has some range. If you hold the special move button down, you can hold the bomb and it will get bigger. This will, in turn, cause a better explosion, but the throwing range is worse. Not only that, but the time to detonate the bomb becomes longer and other players can pick it up; the bomb could be as heavy as a barrel or crate. This is a mostly high risk and high reward move if you decide to make the bomb bigger and it's rather situational.
Side Special: Bomb Lay: Bomberman leaves a trail of bombs on the ground. As you run and tap the special move button, Bomberman would lay a bomb on the ground; you can leave up to as many as 3 bombs as possible. It can be used in the air, but the bomb goes straight down. You can hold these bombs and make them bigger. The bombs don't explode on impact and take 5 seconds to detonate.
Down Special: Bomb Kick: Bomberman kicks a bomb towards an opponent. When the bomb hits an opponent before it explodes, it will cause minimal damage and even stun them for a bit. However, the opponent can also pick up and throw the bomb. You can make these bombs bigger. This is a power-up Bomberman can get in numerous games.
Up Special: Jetpack: Bomberman has to charge up his jetpack and then go high into the sky! It causes some damage, but it's mainly used as a recovery. This move originated from Bomberman Blast.
[/COLLAPSE]
This moveset was added to the original post and I will add any moveset that someone creates.

Quick question: The original post was a copy and paste of Bomberman's support thread in Brawl. Should I leave the OP there or should I get rid of it and link to his support thread in Brawl?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Heres my moveset that i posted earlier in the thread.

Emblem:

Neutral Special: Bomb throw/Bomb Pump

Bomberman throws a bomb if you just tap the "B" button. If you hold the "B" button Bomberman will charge the bomb and make it larger and stronger.

Forward Special: Speed Up!

Bomberman charges forward at high speeds and smashes into his opponents.

Down Special: Remote Bomb

Bomberman will set a bomb on the ground that he can detonate when you tap the "B" button.

Up Special: Jet Pack

Bomberman puts on a jet pack and flies off. (Works like Diddy's up special and has the same distance. Except it doesn't need to charge up)

Final Smash: Looie/Rooey

Bomberman gets on Rooey and rides him around the stage dropping multiple bombs on the battle field. Occasionally he'll pull out Power Bombs. (The Power Bombs have the largest range but they have a small chance of appearing.)

D

Deleted member

The arguments have been added! If it needs fixing or if I should add in more arguments, let me know! While I am the original poster, we are building this thread together.
Heres my moveset that i posted earlier in the thread.
I will put this in the original post!

I LOVE this.
I will add this in as well!
EDIT: BTW, do you want me to add you to the list of supporters, Chandelure?

D

Deleted member

I will add four sections. The first is Sakurai's Main Criteria. Here is the main four things that he wants:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-/63502594
-The character's inclusion must make people want to buy the game.
-The character must be unique.
-The character must fit into the style of Super Smash Bros.
-They must contribute to the game balance.

The second new section will be Essays. If you have anything that you want to say about Bomberman, feel free to do so. Share a personal experience, what Bomberman means to you, why do you want him to be included, and why you think he should be included.

The third new section will be Assist Trophies. What Bomberman character should be an Assist Trophy? What would that character do when they are summoned?

The last new section will be Stages. What stage from Bomberman do you want to see? What would be the stage's gimmick?

Thank you for your support!

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
I would love bomberman. I'd give him the next 3rd party slot if I could.

hmm..
Bomberman bursts into battle?

D

Deleted member

I would love bomberman. I'd give him the next 3rd party slot if I could.

hmm..
Bomberman bursts into battle?
I added you to the support list! I hope you don't mind!
If I was directing this game, I would give the third party slot to Bomberman in a heart beat. Heck, if I met Sakurai or someone from Konami, I would go down on my knees and cry, beg, and plea to include him in the game. I would REALLY love to see him in this game or the next one at least.

D

Deleted member

I have decided to add in a poll much like the Bandana Dee support thread to know who is supporting Bomberman and might get rid of the Support List in the original post altogether. It's much more efficient for me this way.

Top Bottom