• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bomb Jump

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Woebegone_Jackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Faver_Jo
3DS FC
4854-6514-7143
... Seems to be back, in an odd form. I've been playing around with the demo a lot recently and have noticed Link's bombs seem to have a significantly shorter fuse time. If you couple this with the very beginning of your recovery it should blow up easily giving you another usable upB, or at the very least give you some breathing room if you just got edge guarded. I know you could kind of do this in Brawl as well, but the bomb's fuse was so long and Link recovered so poorly by default that to actually make it work you had to already have the bomb in hand before you got knocked off stage. Now you can pull it out as you recover and it should work if you were quick enough (and didn't accidentally fast fall trying to do it.) I'm sure I'm not the first to notice, but figured I'd give a heads up to anyone who hasn't tried it yet.

Sequence example: *knocked off stage*, downB, jump, upB, *bomb explodes in-hand*, upB or tether.

Last edited:

Dr. Krumm

Smash Apprentice
Yea, I've noticed this as well and have already started to use this. You can, as you stated, pull a bomb as soon as you're knocked off stage and start recovering and the bomb will blow up in time if you should not make it back to the stage. Of course this depends on high/low you are in the air.

You can also go under battlefield with bomb jumping! However you will need around 40% or higher to do this.

It's true folks! The Hero of Legend can now go under stages! Yeehaaaaw!

FSK

Smash Ace
Also remember to always use your second jump before you up-b for the bomb to explode. Because afterwards the second jump will be gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom