• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

bomb dropping

Tahtah

Smash Apprentice
did someone else mentioned that you can drop the bombs of toon link on the stage the same way like in melee. when you have an bomb in your hands press Z on the same time you land on the ground from an SH or normal jump. Then de bomb lays on the stage. but its just for fun not that it comes in handy in an battle or so. but you can't use the boomerang too let the bomb glide like you could do in melee. maybe if you use link his boomerang but i didn't try'ed did yet only link cannot drop bombs on the stage.

SynikaL

Smash Lord
What's interesting about them in Brawl, is that you can use the Shockwave from Toon's D. Air to push them around.

-Kye

Kilikan

Smash Apprentice
Bombs

Bombs are quite useful in this game; especially online, another instance that I found was the bomb recovery. If you take out a bomb and then use all of your hops and your recovery to boost yourself as far up to the ledge as you can and cant reach it, the bomb will blow up after a certain alotted time (granted you have it in your hand as you're falling) and you'll be free to make one last attempt with your recovery move.

Luk3ling

Smash Rookie
So far I've found a decent use for bomb dropping outside of ledge guarding, mainly just from a mind-games or trapping perspective though.

If you pull out a bomb, jump, stop tilting the directional stick (Leave it momentarily in the neutral position) and press Z, Toon Link will drop anything he's holding.

Dash forward, jump, neutral Z, jump, vA.

Most of the time, they move to avoid the bomb out of reactionary instinct just in time to eat your sword plant.

And even if you don't connect with your sword plant, you're almost always catching them at the end of a roll, dodge, or advancing towards you, so your impact pushes them away.

Top Bottom