• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bomb Arrows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
I had an idea and I want to know what you think, and if this would work in terms of balancing.

So when Link pulls out a bomb, he can hold it and junk until he wants to throw it. But, what if when he shoots an arrow while holding it and it acts as a bomb arrow like in Twilight Princess. It could be charged up for range, and could fall and be effected by gravity like the arrows.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I would like this a whole lot. I've seen bomb arrows brought up before, but never with this exact implementation method, and I think it would be great. It's more difficult to get one off than just firing an arrow, so I personally think there's no balance issue.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Huh, sure.

I'd expect it to fall quicker (being heavier) and able to explode on the end of Link's bow, too. It'd be interesting, to say the least.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
and able to explode on the end of Link's bow, too.
You mean before he fires it..?

Yeah it would be interesting. It could definitely change the character and may give people a reason to play Link as opposed to his Toon counterpart.

HatsuneMiku

Smash Apprentice
I'd love to see this get implemented, it'd certainly improve his projectile metagame. To balance it, they can make it so if Link stands charged with the Bomb Arrow for too long it explodes on him. :p

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
I'd love to see this get implemented, it'd certainly improve his projectile metagame. To balance it, they can make it so if Link stands charged with the Bomb Arrow for too long it explodes on him. :p
That would be ideal. I've been trying to think of more creative things for Link that would make him better to play (as much as his Toon counterpart).

BTW, your sig got me excited bc I thought Palutena was confirmed for a moment and I missed something.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
anyone that has played the demo know if this has been implemented?

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Don't think it has, I didn't play the demo sadly but from what I saw it does't work that way.

I'd like to see your method work for it though, or if not that then at least customization Bomb Arrows

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
Hm, this wouldn't be a bad idea, and would free up an extra move for Link's arrows, but I highly doubt it will come to pass.

More than likely, Link will have Bomb Arrows as one of his B moves.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
I'd like to see your method work for it though, or if not that then at least customization Bomb Arrows
More than likely, Link will have Bomb Arrows as one of his B moves.
As much as I hate to say it, you're probably right. Disagree if you must, but I really dislike the customizable movesets. For Miis, it makes sense, but I didn't really want them in either.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I haven't played the second one. I have played the first one a few times. How well does it work? Do you think it'd work in a real Smash game?
You pull out a Bomb, prep the Arrow, and it turns into a bomb-arrow.
Very quick and simple.

Dunk Master

Smash Cadet
I support this idea. It's thematic and has relevant gameplay value. This could also be good because then they could reduce his bomb throwing distance allowing him to effectively bomb jump again :)

Shuckle89

Smash Apprentice
You pull out a Bomb, prep the Arrow, and it turns into a bomb-arrow.
Very quick and simple.
I don't think he wanted to know how you do it, but how well it works.

To answer that: From what I can tell it works kinda like the normal arrow. The differences between a bomb and arrow are the speed/trajectory of the projectile. By combining the two, the effect is pretty much like a normal arrow. (I've been only playing super smash flash 2 for a few days, though). It would be cool to have it in the new super smash, but, for it to work, it's effects need to change a little.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I don't think he wanted to know how you do it, but how well it works.

To answer that: From what I can tell it works kinda like the normal arrow. The differences between a bomb and arrow are the speed/trajectory of the projectile. By combining the two, the effect is pretty much like a normal arrow. (I've been only playing super smash flash 2 for a few days, though). It would be cool to have it in the new super smash, but, for it to work, it's effects need to change a little.
Ah, I see.
It's a fast and powerful projectile ('cuz it's a bomb) but the trajectory and distance it flies is shorter (meaning it goes to the ground faster).

Last edited:

Shuckle89

Smash Apprentice
Is that so? Oh. Well, that's good, then. Even though I play every char, there were so many cool chars in super smash flash 2 I haven't really looked into link.

Well then, that's what it needs to be useful. Although I'd also change a little bit more. I don't know, maybe an after burn effect? or some more knockback, or the arrow getting stuck before exploding.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, I can see the Bomb Arrows being fun to use. I can see Link using them in Smash. Maybe Toon Link can get the Ice and Fire Arrows instead.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I always envisioned the best way to implement them would be to have them be like Samus's Super Missiles. Smash attack with the bow and it uses Bomb Arrows.

I'm still trying to figure out how to Smash a Neutral-B move, though...

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I think it'd work as long as the knockback is similar to the bomb alone, I could see how you'd be able to access it too, just pull out a bomb like normal then start charging the arrow and it'd have the bomb you took out, though I get the feeling that bomb arrows are gonna end up being a custom special move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom