• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BoLT Presents: Crusade! Fredericksburg, VA Jan. 31, 2014

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
First things first.
I want to thank everyone for coming out. It was great seeing familiar faces and many new ones. I apologize for the amount of time it took to get things underway, and due to major confusion with conflicting Game Haven TOs trying to do my job with registration (Long story behind that, but willing to go into it if you're curious), things didn't move as quickly or smoothly as I had hoped. I thank you all for your patience and assure you the next event will not take nearly as long. For those of you that have attended my tournaments in the past, they usually run quickly and smoothly and this one was just a fluke. For the next event (which we are planning on doing monthly) I am shooting for a mid Afternoon start time probably around 3:00pm on a Friday or Sunday, not 5:00pm to avoid rush hour traffic and heavy venue traffic.

I want to thank Skywalker for bringing the livestream for us to stream Finals/Grand Finals and a very special thanks to ChuDat, Arcadia, and Immad for assisting me with Seeding. Seeing as I've been out of the scene for so long, I only had outdated knowledge on players and you guys helped me out tremendously. The turnout was a lot better than I had expected with a large local showing and plenty of veteran players and I'm glad to bring Smash back to Fredericksburg.

I hope everyone had a good time none the less. Once again, thanks to everyone for coming out, and I hope to see you guys next month! Shoutouts later when I'm not half asleep.

~BoLT

Melee Singles:

1: Chudat ($137.50)
2: Milkman ($62.50)
3: Nino ($37.50)
4: Chow Phury Far Deem ($12.50)
5: Link'omac
5: Honey Beard
7: Darkseid
7: Lincoln
9: Cobalt
9: Jiggles4Life
9: Arcadia
9: AMA
13: SuperShus
13: Doom'd
13: MalvmMalvm
13: Dirk
17: Riot Shock
17: Special K
17: Siegmund
17: Spuddviolence
17: Will Creen
17: Crimson Kid
17: Matt
17: The Clap
25: Andrew

Melee Doubles Results:

1: MilkDat $ (Chudat + Milkman) ($36.00)
2: Good Night Sweet Prine (Link'OMac + Arcadia) ($18.00)
3: Team Smokefree (Honeybeard + Nino) ($6.00)
4: GNARX (Special K + Rctm)
5: DurkaDurk (Middle Man + Dirk)
5: MileyBieberSwag# (Fube + Mark)

Project M Singles:

1: Chudat ($69.00)
2: Milkman ($34.50)
3: Arcadia ($11.50)
4: 2Fast
5: Nino
5: Yars
7: Forute
7: Link'OMac
9: ADA
9: On the Mark
9: K-9 (Kenny)
9: Darkseid
13: Cobalt
13: .Fube
13: Jiggles 4 Life
13: Dirk
17: Skywalker
17: Ashes
17: Space Time Mage
17: Grayson
17: Middleman
17: BoLT
17: Samston

Last edited:

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
And it's TimeSpaceMage here. Like, an emphasis on "Time Mage" but with Space added, as opposed to an emphasis on "Spacetime" with "mage" added. Time gets top billing.

Ah whatever, I won my first tournament set! Me vs Skywalker was a stream match too, so I'll be looking up what I look like assuming it comes to YT. Second round put me against K-9 which didn't end well, and in Loser's I went pretty even with an Olimar/Kirby (sorry, forgot the name) which was down to the last stock each on game 3 when I SD'd trying to do a ledgehop mixup o.o;

Oh well, I still made a big improvement for one week! Also picked up a ton during some rapidfire Melee friendlies afterwards. I will definitely be entering Melee singles next time at this rate :)

Oh and speaking of stream, if you keep watching you can see where I reminded Chu Dat and Milkman of how to play as Giga Bowser. There's also some badass Turbo Shiek dittos where we were laughing our ass off at how disgusting she was.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Good **** to everyone that came out, glad to see VA show up with some numbers!

Also, good games to everyone I played in friendlies and in tourney, had a blast. With two Lucas mains I'm sure everyone got a good dose of Lucas at this tournament.

Also, cut Bolt some slack, he posted this **** at 4AM, haha

Arcadia157

Smash Journeyman
Ggs to all! I played against a lot of new, talented faces. Hopefully you guys come to stuff elsewhere in the region.

Bolt - Thanks for TOing and supplying me with that water. It really got me through my last few sets of the night. :)
Forute - Study up on a lot of Marth tactics from Melee. Just about everything Marth does in Melee can translate over to PM just as well or even better.
Yars - Keep it up with those jank characters of yours. You seem to know them pretty well and it'll catch a lot of people off guard.
All of the Richmonders - I don't deserve to be your President ;_;

Jiggle4Life

Smash Ace
good games to everyone I played, it was my first tourney so I think I did pretty well.

Top Bottom