• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Indeed.

You're welcome! And same, haha. Your avatar makes me kinda want to go searching for one like it lol
Also since we're here, how's episode progress coming along?
Well, I have seen a few other vectors of other characters wearing the same outfit (aside from these colors being different) before.

I'm getting Triple Threat in at least. I didn't get to watching episodes yesterday, but I am getting back on track today.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

Well, I have seen a few other vectors of other characters wearing the same outfit (aside from these colors being different) before.
Alrighty then. But I like what I have at the moment sooo...
I'm getting Triple Threat in at least. I didn't get to watching episodes yesterday, but I am getting back on track today.
Cool! I finished watching them all so I spent some time finishing up those write-ups. There is one sentence I'd use to describe them as a whole: I got carried away. I've said it before but I especially mean it here.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I am proud to announce that I 100% completed Super Mario Odyssey!
  • All 999 moons (880 + 119 extra ones bought in shops)
  • All 41 hats and 42 outfits
  • Captured each of the 52 possible things to, well, capture at least once
  • Got all 43 souvenirs
  • Unlocked all 82 songs
This game was utterly massive and I enjoyed a good majority of it (SCREW THAT JUMP ROPE!!!!!!!). It was mostly easy, but it had a fair share of really challenging stuff that tested my skills. And honestly, t was just so much fun to finally have the feeling of exploring things and be rewarded for it. Especially at the post-game where I got rewarded really often as I got closer and closer to 100%.

The soundtrack was fantastic, the characters were surprisingly diverse after getting so many Mario games where most friendly NPCs are Toads, each of the different kindgoms were incredibly unique and some series staples even got some fresh new twists that made them all the more memorable.

And don't get me started on Mario's movement and Capture abilities. The former being deeper than it has ever been thanks to Cappy working as a platform to do double dives and other shenanigans like that and the latter for being such an amazing substitute to power-ups and giving me a newfound respect for some of Bowser's baddies.

So yeah, this is my favorite Mario game ever. Sorry, Galaxies.

All I have in mind about this game is this; how the hell are they gonna do better than this?

Last edited:

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

(SCREW THAT JUMP ROPE!!!!!!!)
:upsidedown:
the characters were surprisingly diverse after getting so many Mario games where most friendly NPCs are Toads
*glares at Sticker Star*
And don't get me started on Mario's movement and Capture abilities. The former being deeper than it has ever been thanks to Cappy working as a platform to do double dives and other shenanigans like that and the latter for being such an amazing substitute to power-ups and giving me a newfound respect for some of Bowser's baddies.
The movement is easily one of the best things about the game. Smooth as butter, responsive, and it allows for creative and experimentative applications for quick shortcuts or bypassing large chunks of the level. Cappy is a game mechanic, platform, character, and costume all in one; the game thus has the most power-ups of any Mario game due to the captures essentially replacing the standard fire flower and leaf, among other staple power-ups. The game gets very creative with using these captures at many points, requiring outside the box thinking and generally changing your expectations with each new capture.
All I have in mind about this game is this; how the hell are they gonna do better than this?
There is always room for improvement, no matter what. The game still has loads of potential with the captures and there is still room for unique environments. Motion controls could use touching up or the abilities could just be mapped to button combinations and you can make boss fights a little more challenging (though they're still fun regardless). Seeing how this game sold 2 million copies in just 3 days, it is very likely for Nintendo to return to this style of game as there is still potential to do even more and further improve upon what works and touch up the minor issues.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Dang it guys, don't remind me that I don't have Odyssey yet!

At least I've got Breath of the Wild already.....

Alrighty then. But I like what I have at the moment sooo...
I do always appreciate a Pear Butter avi. Great character from a great episode.

Cool! I finished watching them all so I spent some time finishing up those write-ups. There is one sentence I'd use to describe them as a whole: I got carried away. I've said it before but I especially mean it here.
I finished Triple Threat a bit ago. Quite good.

...this is gonna be a long read lol

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
You don't have Odyssey yet :upsidedown:

There is always room for improvement, no matter what. The game still has loads of potential with the captures and there is still room for unique environments. Motion controls could use touching up or the abilities could just be mapped to button combinations and you can make boss fights a little more challenging (though they're still fun regardless). Seeing how this game sold 2 million copies in just 3 days, it is very likely for Nintendo to return to this style of game as there is still potential to do even more and further improve upon what works and touch up the minor issues.
True.

Mismatched costumes not having their sprites in 8-bit mode and the cap in captured being always being the regular cap kinda bug me too. I mean, I really, really wanted to see the T-Rex wear a sombrero or a wedding gown, because why not?

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

At least I've got Breath of the Wild already.....
Christmas isn't too far away plus you have Zelda so you have something to sink your teeth into in the meantime.
I do always appreciate a Pear Butter avi. Great character from a great episode.
Indeed. Surprised I didn't use one sooner.
I finished Triple Threat a bit ago. Quite good.
Yeah, same.
...this is gonna be a long read lol
...is it bad that I have to more or less put one of the write-ups into its own goddamn spoiler tag? Because every write-up goes into one shared spoiler tag and a particular one would make it take centuries for someone to scroll through.
Mismatched costumes not having their sprites in 8-bit mode and the cap in captured being always being the regular cap kinda bug me too. I mean, I really, really wanted to see the T-Rex wear a sombrero or a wedding gown, because why not?
The second one I understand, the first one I see it as being either taking a lot of work or not anticipating players using certain combinations.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
The second one I understand, the first one I see it as being either taking a lot of work or not anticipating players using certain combinations.
I could see them work exactly like the 3D models; unique sprites for the hat/hair/whatever and the rest of the bosy being based on the outfit.

Either way, the skeleton only working when you wear the default cap is a crime. :p

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

You don't have Odyssey yet :upsidedown:
You had to go there. :glare:

Christmas isn't too far away plus you have Zelda so you have something to sink your teeth into in the meantime.
True, true.

Indeed. Surprised I didn't use one sooner.
I ended up using one pretty quick after I saw it myself, even if it was a short lived one.

Yeah, same.
Just going to say that I thought that Ember repeatedly mistaking Twilight and Starlight as being the same person was glorious.

I'll say more on it later myself when I reply to the write-up.

...is it bad that I have to more or less put one of the write-ups into its own goddamn spoiler tag? Because every write-up goes into one shared spoiler tag and a particular one would make it take centuries for someone to scroll through.
"Shrug"

All I know for sure is that this is definitely going to be longer than I anticipated lol

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

Just going to say that I thought that Ember repeatedly mistaking Twilight and Starlight as being the same person was glorious.

I'll say more on it later myself when I reply to the write-up.
I didn't mention that part in the write-up. Maybe when I do my second round of editing...
"Shrug"

All I know for sure is that this is definitely going to be longer than I anticipated lol
Not every one of them is insanely long, but the ones that are, well... it'll take some time for you to go through it all.

D

Deleted member

Nana-jū (70)

A memorable moment from Smash 64 (2011): playing as :dk64: and living with 328% after crouch-cancelling Kabigon's attack on Sector Z.

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807

Birthday was pretty nice. We went to Red Robin to eat, got a $25 gift card for Amazon that I can use, Walking Dead was on...

Not too bad for a day, if you ask me. And it'll just get better next weekend when we head up to Reno.

D

Deleted member

Ohayō gozai masu. Sate, boku no tān...nana-jū-go (75)
Oh dear, the sun's up! Better slip into my :4bayonetta2: outfit and get to bed. See y'all at night.

Soreja, mata ato de. :kirby:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Looks like the upload glitch is back.. Not like I was going to do anything with my perfect avi but smashboards failed to upload a picture :ohwell:

Last edited:

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
Looks like the upload glitch is back.. Not like I was going to do anything with my perfect avi but smashboards failed to upload a picture :ohwell:
The upload glitch?

Yeesh... Good thing I decided to change my avi before I left last night.

D

Deleted member

Konban wa. Watashi wa Kawai Shizuka, go-jū-roku-sai desu. Mōichido, boku no tān...

Nana-jū-kyū (79)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Hachi-jū-ichi (81)

Anyone here play Tekken 3's Tekken Ball mode? I'm telling y'all, this is the good ****. Nothing more fun than hitting the ball back and forth with mostly basic attacks such as d+1, d+2, and d/f+4. Also own Tekken Tag Tournament 2 for Wii U but I won't touch ball mode (or any other mode except practice mode) when all I have is the Gamepad, so...

Soreja, mata ato de. :kirby:

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807

Ah, yes... A broken image... I too want to hug a broken image, Flutter.

D

Deleted member

Kyū-jū-ni (92)

Blueberry muffins and green tea for everyone if we keep this up...

Top Bottom