• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The Conqueror crushes lowly mortals as if pebbles on his glorious path...

32 bob-ombs.
Doesn't really matter, anime is still anime regardless where its made
Bzzzzzt! Wrong.

Anime is Japanese animation, so if it's not made in Japan, it's not anime. Sure, there may be some Western works influenced by the well-known art style(s) seen in manga and anime, but that doesn't make it so.

Last edited:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
The Conqueror crushes lowly mortals as if pebbles on his glorious path...

Bzzzzzt! Wrong.

Anime is Japanese animation, so if it's not made in Japan, it's not anime. Sure, there may be some Western works influenced by the well-known art style(s) seen in manga and anime, but that doesn't make it so.
Well I don't see much difference,
Coarse I don't watch anime on an daily (sometimes weekly) basis so what do i know

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well I don't see much difference,
Coarse I don't watch anime on an daily (sometimes weekly) basis so what do i know
Definition of anime: Animation produced in Japan.

Therefore, animation NOT made in Japan goes against that definition. In other words, it's not anime. That's pure logic. No need to understand more than the definition of words.

Last edited:
Definition of anime: Animation produced in Japan.

Therefore, animation NOT made in Japan goes against that definition. In other words, it's not anime. That's pure logic. No need to understand more than the definition of words.
2 Exploding pairs of undergarments by the he of john who is quite long.

Japanese artists going to the US to make Anime.

Does it stay Anime or does it become Anime'ica :D

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
2 Exploding pairs of undergarments by the he of john who is quite long.

Japanese artists going to the US to make Anime.

Does it stay Anime or does it become Anime'ica :D
Congratulations, you activated a logic bomb.

3 Logic Bombs

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
This is how Wikipedia defines anime, by the way:

Anime is an art form, specifically animation, that includes all genres found in cinema, but it can be mistakenly classified as a genre.[7]:7 In Japan, the term anime refers to all forms of animation from around the world.[1][8] English-language dictionaries define anime as "a Japanese style of motion-picture animation" or as "a style of animation developed in Japan".[9][9]

And I add that the latest statement pretty much applies to the rest of the world, outside of Japan.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕

Anime is an art form, specifically animation, that includes all genres found in cinema, but it can be mistakenly classified as a genre.[7]:7 In Japan, the term anime refers to all forms of animation from around the world.[1][8] English-language dictionaries define anime as "a Japanese style of motion-picture animation" or as "a style of animation developed in Japan".[9][9]

And I add that the latest statement pretty much applies to the rest of the world, outside of Japan.
I already got it through the last post mate

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

So then it could go either way then?
So then you're both right?

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Well, I always have sources (that themselves have more sources) to back my statements. Just a policy of mine.

1 Mod powered Anime styled Logic Bomb
Well its understandable,
This is the internet afterall, if your caught saying something with out a source you get chewed alive faster than a sheep to a pack of wolves
2 non-mod powered anime styled logic

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So then it could go either way then?
So then you're both right?
Kind of, depends on how exactly you define anime and it's subject to debate.

I always use anime to refer to Japanese animation and it's pretty much the original definition before anime-influenced animation arose, so I think it's more correct to use anime to exclusively refer to Japanese animation.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Yeah I'm staying out of that topic. I already had one of my friends tell me it's not anime because it was made in the US, I don't need more lol I'm just going to call it American anime. Frosty If you are going to respond do you watch rwby?

Top Bottom