• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

Figures. One of my worst enemies in 2D platforming games.....bottomless pits. Specifically, lots of them.

Pretty good right about now. Just relaxing with how late it is here. How about you?
I'm getting gradually better. Was beating myself up really hard earlier, honestly...

nbm

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

Figures. One of my worst enemies in 2D platforming games.....bottomless pits. Specifically, lots of them.
What, did you think it was gonna be easy? :p
Lots of bottomless pits and some tricky platforming.

Though, if you want a true platform hell, the original Rayman provides just that with tight jumps, extremely well hidden collectibles you NEED to collect if you want to even get to the final boss, actions that require fast reactions so you don't die, and bull**** that can just hit you from off screen.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

What, did you think it was gonna be easy? :p
Lots of bottomless pits and some tricky platforming.

Though, if you want a true platform hell, the original Rayman provides just that with tight jumps, extremely well hidden collectibles you NEED to collect if you want to even get to the final boss, actions that require fast reactions so you don't die, and bull**** that can just hit you from off screen.
Nope. I've been dreading this stage for a while, actually. :laugh:

...sounds terrifyingly tough. Knowing myself, a lot of rage would be involved if I tried out the original Rayman, no doubting it.

Ah, almost forgot; thanks for wishing me luck on the stage lol

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

Nope. I've been dreading this stage for a while, actually. :laugh:
Good to know :upsidedown:
...sounds terrifyingly tough. Knowing myself, a lot of rage would be involved if I tried out the original Rayman, no doubting it.
Like, it's not Battletoads hard but you still need to know what you're doing to get by. Oh, and you have limited continues. Yeah, you can use a cheat to get more I think, but you'll still burn through those. Apparently, the game wasn't tested or so I heard so that explains the high difficulty. Not the first time that's happened...
Ah, almost forgot; thanks for wishing me luck on the stage lol
You're welcome! :p

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Like, it's not Battletoads hard but you still need to know what you're doing to get by. Oh, and you have limited continues. Yeah, you can use a cheat to get more I think, but you'll still burn through those. Apparently, the game wasn't tested or so I heard so that explains the high difficulty. Not the first time that's happened...
I don't even want to picture myself attempting to play Battletoads lol

...what is it exactly that happens if you run out of Continues....?

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

I don't even want to picture myself attempting to play Battletoads lol
Oh boy, goodbye NES controller lol
Speaking of, Shovel Knight actually has a Xbox One exclusive Battletoads stage and is coming to the PC version of the game in October.
...what is it exactly that happens if you run out of Continues....?
That's it. If you run out, it's over, you're done. Back to level 1 with you.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Oh boy, goodbye NES controller lol
Speaking of, Shovel Knight actually has a Xbox One exclusive Battletoads stage and is coming to the PC version of the game in October.
Pretty much lol

Really? Then maybe I'll at least give that a shot.

Maybe.

That's it. If you run out, it's over, you're done. Back to level 1 with you.
....now that is just cruel.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

Really? Then maybe I'll at least give that a shot.

Maybe.
Yeah, but you have the benefit of no lives soooo...
....now that is just cruel.
That's Rayman 1 for ya! A couple games that are also pretty hard include Contra 3 (you can give yourself more continues but the game will just slam you hard either way) and Super Meat Boy. Another set of games that are hard but not to the extent of those mentioned are Mega Man and Bass and Castlevania 1. Then, there's Silver Surfer which is... yeah. And Mother 1 (or Earthbound Zero... or Earthbound Beginnings... or just MOTHER) of course.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Yeah, but you have the benefit of no lives soooo...
True, true.

That's Rayman 1 for ya! A couple games that are also pretty hard include Contra 3 (you can give yourself more continues but the game will just slam you hard either way) and Super Meat Boy. Another set of games that are hard but not to the extent of those mentioned are Mega Man and Bass and Castlevania 1. Then, there's Silver Surfer which is... yeah. And Mother 1 (or Earthbound Zero... or Earthbound Beginnings... or just MOTHER) of course.
Oh yeah, I'm well aware of the difficulties of most of those (all you really have to do to tell Super Meat Boy is nuts is to look at just a little gameplay footage or even just one good screenshot). There's a part of me who wants to try several of them purely to see how well I'd do against the notoriously high difficulties of them. I know for sure a lot of anger would come from me during most attempts to play just about any of them, lol.

On that note, I think I should get some rest soon. Have a good night.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
No number here.

While I'm glad that you're doing better than you were, I'm sorry to hear you were in that situation at all earlier to begin with. You up for talking about it?
Eh, the short of is that I was beating myself up pretty harshly last night over something small. I'm fine now, but with how critical I was of myself...it was scary. It's like my 2016 self was starting to return.

nbm

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Nope, not yet. :p

Eh, the short of is that I was beating myself up pretty harshly last night over something small. I'm fine now, but with how critical I was of myself...it was scary. It's like my 2016 self was starting to return.

nbm
Hm, alright., fair enough.

There's times where one can slip into letting themselves feel terribly even after mostly recovering from past problems. Just try not to let it happen too often from here on out. One instance like that can definitely feel awful, but once it's over, it's over, right?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Well that rebellion ended almost immediately.

The only ones that can hear us are mods.
Might explain why nobody else comes to help when the armies of poor Bob-ombs are destroyed. Nobody can hear the explosions....

Just 1 for me. Also, that would be an entire season worth of episodes, be glad it's not over 100. :p
I don't think I'll ever be that far behind on this show again lol

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

Might explain why nobody else comes to help when the armies of poor Bob-ombs are destroyed. Nobody can hear the explosions....
Nobody can hear your pleas for help as you scream and scream as the explosions go by. Am I describing a horror flick or a thread about counting?
I don't think I'll ever be that far behind on this show again lol
Same here. I burnt 3 weeks of a summer playing catch up last time. I really had nothing to do that summer lol

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Nobody can hear your pleas for help as you scream and scream as the explosions go by. Am I describing a horror flick or a thread about counting?
You're describing a horror flick adaptation of this thread and the story is still about counting. :reverse:

Same here. I burnt 3 weeks of a summer playing catch up last time. I really had nothing to do that summer lol
Except catch up with a show, at least. :p

But hey, summer gives plenty of free time. Said free time can be put to laziness when you've got nothing else to do lol

Top Bottom