• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

Yeah, there aren't many examples, but some do exist.

I wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with that at all, because yes, King is a big time author with a ton of successful books, novels and short stories, many of which have received adaptations of varying quality (he actually adapted one of his own short stories into a movie once, and it failed so badly that he decided to never direct a film again).

Either way has the potential to work. It can be a mini-series too, those have worked out rather well for a few book adaptations, including some of King's.
Hmm, I'm curious about the one that failed badly (because of course I am lol).

Gotta have the right people and the right mindset to make it work, otherwise it's not going to be much else other than 'not good'.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Hmm, I'm curious about the one that failed badly (because of course I am lol).

Gotta have the right people and the right mindset to make it work, otherwise it's not going to be much else other than 'not good'.
It's called "Maximum Overdrive". Now the premise is actually kind of interesting, in that it involves various machines (but especially larger vehicles, mainly trucks) coming to life and terrorizing people. Major problems however include but may not be limited to: Cheesiness, some not so good acting, the occasional failed special effect, and a very confused and not particularly intriguing plot. It does have a cult following, but reception was very poor and King later admitted it was the worst adaption of his work. If nothing else, he at least considers it a learning experience for himself.

Yeah, pretty much.

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

It's called "Maximum Overdrive". Now the premise is actually kind of interesting, in that it involves various machines (but especially larger vehicles, mainly trucks) coming to life and terrorizing people. Major problems however include but may not be limited to: Cheesiness, some not so good acting, the occasional failed special effect, and a very confused and not particularly intriguing plot. It does have a cult following, but reception was very poor and King later admitted it was the worst adaption of his work. If nothing else, he at least considers it a learning experience for himself.
With a concept like that, it's kinda bound to be cheesy. But hey, it does give a new meaning to monster trucks. :p

Doesn't seem like a bad idea, though maybe because I've heard and came up a lot of stupid ideas in my lifetime, it seems good to me. But what do I know, I'm no wizard. :upsidedown:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

This has been pointed out plenty of times already by now, but eh, I thought I'd give it at least about a day before I commented on it; in mostly unsurprising news, the Emoji Movie has not been faring well.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

This has been pointed out plenty of times already by now, but eh, I thought I'd give it at least about a day before I commented on it; in mostly unsurprising news, the Emoji Movie has not been faring well.
I want to watch it, simply to see if it's the worst movie ever made out of all the movies I've seen, because it could most certainly top my worst of the worst list.

nbm

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

I think you're phrasing it rather kindly. It's been getting slammed so ridiculously hard that it's actually kinda funny. But people will go see it ironically and if the film does good at the box office, we'll know why. So basically, don't watch it even out of morbid curiosity of how bad it is although I can understand that feeling myself.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I want to watch it, simply to see if it's the worst movie ever made out of all the movies I've seen, because it could most certainly top my worst of the worst list.

nbm
It's certainly an uninspired storm of cliches with unfunny jokes and plenty of modern pop culture references (there's an entire scene dedicated to Candy Crush of all things; plenty of other apps and Internet stuff get some significance in the movie too) and little, if any, substance. I don't know if it would be fair to call it the worst movie ever (there are some particular movies I've learned of via the Nostalgia Critic that would more than likely still top it even if I did see this movie for myself) though.

I'm sure it'll be up there for many of us regardless. Most people and critics have been comparing it more than unfavorably to Wreck-It Ralph and Inside Out.

I think you're phrasing it rather kindly. It's been getting slammed so ridiculously hard that it's actually kinda funny. But people will go see it ironically and if the film does good at the box office, we'll know why. So basically, don't watch it even out of morbid curiosity of how bad it is although I can understand that feeling myself.
Yeah ,I felt like sugar coating it that time. :p

I want to say it's getting doing even worse than I expected, but the 0% rating it had on Rotten Tomatoes was only there within the first few hours of it's release. Then again the rating is still pretty hilariously low as of now, especially for an animated movie. I don't know whether most of the reviews are exaggerating how soulless and dark it is, but given the details they've provided about it, I'd probably agree. I certainly don't mind seeing critics tear it apart so badly. It is entertaining. :p

I know no one in my family including myself is willing to waste the money on this. It seems Sony does need the money if it's going to recover at all, though, so I'm not sure whether to root for it failing at the box office or not. And if it doesn't, I'm sure they still won't hear the end about it regarding this movie for a long time, and the lead actors are probably going to get some of that same flak for a while now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom