• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

Man, there are games in my collection that I still need to play, but I'll have the time to play them and even beat them soon (assuming I don't stop midway through). Like MGS3 for example, even though me and stealth mix about as well as a camel in the ****ing Arctic.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

You should check out TF2 sometime if you haven't. If you enjoy a wacky and colorful shooter like Splatoon (at least in the form of footage) you might enjoy TF2 as well (a significant difference though, is that it's way more violent, and said violence is incredibly over the top,)

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Stealth to me is hit and miss. Some are really good, others are hit or miss, and others are laughable at their attempts. I like the idea, but it's the execution that gets me.

Also I've never been too fond of shooters. Mostly because I suck at them (especially FPS titles).

Blossom ✿

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1923-2750-8413

As much as I love the Zelda franchise, it's taught me one thing about myself.

I hate stealth levels.
I'm fine with stealth sections despite how inept I can be at them. Though there are some that can drive me up a wall especially in games that aren't even centered around stealth that just throw one of these for no good reason. And they're usually the "If you get caught, you start over" variety which are infuriating to deal with depending on the game and they just scream fake difficulty.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Well, I didn't mean to lol.

Stealth to me is hit and miss. Some are really good, others are hit or miss, and others are laughable at their attempts. I like the idea, but it's the execution that gets me.

I'm fine with stealth sections despite how inept I can be at them. Though there are some that can drive me up a wall especially in games that aren't even centered around stealth that just throw one of these for no good reason. And they're usually the "If you get caught, you start over" variety which are infuriating to deal with depending on the game and they just scream fake difficulty.

I think I can agree to all of this.

And while I don't know about the rest of you, I've always disliked the stealth sections of Ocarina of time and Majora's Mask, especially the latter's. You essentially have to start from square one if you're caught, and apart from the Deku Palace, in both games the stealth sections arrive pretty late in the game, which doesn't help their case for me either. I never enjoy getting to those parts (even though you are offered some limited means of dealing with the guards) and usually just want them to be over with as soon as possible so I can get back to standard gameplay. I just find them to be annoying, gimmicky one-time portions of the game. Games like Metal Gear on the other hand usually handle these situations a lot better, being a big part of the game's core.

I'm alright with the one in Wind Waker since it's very early in the game and it's still actually teaching you new things in the process, such as being able to arm yourself with enemy weapons.

Last edited:

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
89 bob-ombs

Yo AoL im out right now and wont be able to play with you untill way later tonight. Sorry i forgot to tell u this yssterday.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I'm referring to some specific stealth sections from their respective games (OoT and MM in this case) not the series as a whole.

Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks actually make great use of stealth missions, IMO. Especially the latter since it makes use of Phantom Zelda as well.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Though if there's one thing I didn't miss about Phantom Hourglass's stealth missions when Spirit Tracks came out, it's the use of the hourglass itself. :teeth:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Thank goodness I'm not the only one who thinks that.

(I didn't doubt it, but this is the first time I've ever actually discussed that part of the game with anyone, lol)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

If charging a kamehameha is akin to counting Bob-ombs, I'd say the video is quite illustrative of this thread.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Oh right Frosty The Snowmod. Didn't I make lyrics based off of that? I remember it being a thing.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Now now, mortals, you must admit that my reign of terror hasn't been the nightmare it used to be, don't you agree?

Last edited:
Top Bottom