• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
59 Sweetie bombs
♫Hush now, quiet now. It's time to go to bed!♫

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008

I'm not a fanboy or loyalist to any specific company

You better make great games consistently, and I better get my money's worth out of investing in your console. Or I'll take my money and my free time elsewhere in the future.

For me....

Nintendo - Clearly with the NES, SNES, GB, GBP, GBC, GBA they dominated - quality, quantity, innovation, 3rd party support.
They lost me around the N64, but I still for course enjoyed many select games
Sony - The PS1 was clearly superior in both library, graphics, variety, capabilities, pricing, etc for me. Made the switch to Sony here and stuck with them until the PS3 haven't gotten a new gen console yet.

The Wii-U, 3DS, Wii, Gamecube, and N64 are disappointments to me the only reason I like the latter 2 now is in large part to how valuable the games are, and that's only because of their scarcity and how very limited their library of games are. Nintendo started neglecting 3rd parties, actively using their name to dictate unfair practices, and they began to fail to deliver new worthwhile experiences, IPs, ruined their own franchises, and they ignore the wants of their long time fans that are mature now (Sony does all this better currently)

that was kind of rant but it's just how I've felt over the generations

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

I think that Super Mario Galaxy is by far the best Mario game ever made.

It has some impressive cutscenes, insanely unique and diverse level design, beautiful music that perfectly fit the atmosphere, a crazy amount of details (such as two different sleeping animations) and the storybook was completely unnecessary, but still is a wonderful addition to what could easy be called a platforming masterpiece.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
65 generic robs

For me, I've always loved my Nintendo handhelds (Gameboy Advance SP, Nintendo DS, and Nintendo 3DS). Just taking those portable games anywhere I wanted to and playing for hours was a great experience! My childhood was a lot of fun thanks to those handheld games, and I still have a lot of fun playing those games now. My favorite games on each one were the classic Mario handheld ports (Super Mario Bros. 1-3 and World) and of course, Smash Bros 4.

I haven't played a lot of console games, but Earthbound is up there with my favs, too.

ETA: Dead thread is dead :ohwell:

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I adored the Gamecube and I love the innovative Wii games. Maybe it's just bias, considering I was born in the tail end of the N64 era and never got to play it...

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

Am I the only one who wants an HD remake of the first Galaxy where Luigi and Mario can share the same game instead of having two different runs?

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

The graphics could be considerably improved, but as they are right now they're still pretty darn respectable, IMO.

That other feature could be nice though.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
The graphics could be considerably improved, but as they are right now they're still pretty darn respectable, IMO.

That other feature could be nice though.
I agree, the graphics are really inpressive, especially for a Wii game.

But yeah, Luigi is SMG1 is the worst feature
You basically have to do everything from scratch with ****ty traction and the only thing you get from it is the Grand Finale Galaxy (which is still a great thing, imo)

Luig

Confused
I agree, the graphics are really inpressive, especially for a Wii game.

But yeah, Luigi is SMG1 is the worst feature
You basically have to do everything from scratch with ****ty traction and the only thing you get from it is the Grand Finale Galaxy (which is still a great thing, imo)

Ehhh, I found playing through the game twice, but this time being able to do WAAAAAAAAAYYYYY more tricky jumps and skips you aren't supposed to do, I found it fun.
What has Mario been doing to let himself be outclassed by his younger brother?

CptJPuff

Smash Journeyman
87 Sharpedos that help you cross all of that water even faster compared to a normal water-type pokemon and more grammatically incorrect run-off sentences.

:yeahboi:

Top Bottom