• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
I kinda felt like typing up a synopsis for some reason.
The main characters are two siblings, Margaret and Casey. Their father is a botanist recently fired from his job. Thus, he has moved all his studies to the basement, and he spends all his time down there, hardly ever speaking to his wife and kids. He never says what he is doing either. Margaret and Casey's aunt has a hospital surgery, and their mother decides to fly over to where she lives to comfort her/take care of her ( it's her sister. ) Margaret and Casey go down to the basement to get their father so he can drive his wife to the airport, but he screams at them to stay out of there in a menacing manner. He apologizes, though. While their mother and father are gone, the 2 kids hear crying noises from the basement, and take a look at what's down there. There are huge, jungle-like plants growing down there under flourescent lights. Some of the plants emit odd honking sounds, shift about, and one is actually breathing. Margaret touches it, and pricks her finger on a thorn. Then they decide to get out of that creepy place, but then Casey realizes he left his coat down there. ( He took it off because it was so hot in there. ) He goes down to get it, but one of the plants wraps a vine and holds him. Not choking or pulling, just kind of holding him. Margaret helps him out, but their dad, who just got back from the airport, suspects they were down there, which they admit to, but he's not really mad, just worried about them.

Then things start getting weird. Their dad starts wearing a hat 24-7. Margaret catches her dad eating a bag of plant food greedily ( he doesn't know she saw him. ) She spies him in the bathroom at night, and he's got the hat off. He's got leaves growing out of his head, and green blood oozing from a wound. Next morning, he suddenly cooks breakfast for them. While it's cooking, Margaret asks her dad why he has leaves instead of hair. He replies it's only a side affect of his work that will wear off. He hints at what he's doing in the basement-trying to build a plant that's part animal. Then he dishes up their food, which is some nasty green mush that the kids are a bit reluctant to eat. He gets rather forceful about it, but the front door rings, and while he is checking who it is, they dump the foul stuff in the garbage. Turns out the visitor is their dad's old boss. He never wanted to fire their dad, but the company board made him, so he's come to check out how his work is coming.

Meanwhile, the kids go to play outside, but hear shouts from the basement windows. While trying to look in, a plant vine grabs Casey. After some pulling, it retreats back into the basement, and their dad suddenly shows up. He claims his old boss already left, though the kids saw no evidence of him leaving. He also becomes angry when they try to ask him some questions and orders them to their rooms. Next thing they know, their dad put locks on the basement door and windows before going to do a favor for a neighbor. While he's out, the kids decide to call their mom about what's going on, but can't find the pad of paper with their aunt's phone number their mom left. They look in their dad's room for it, and discover a message on the telephone in his room; from the wife of their dad's old boss, saying he never came home. They also discover a mess of worms of dirt on their dad's bed. They decide to pick the lock on the masement door and really figure out what's going on own in that basement, and they take some Weed Killer with them ( lol. )

This is the disturbing part. The plants down there are huge, and some are part human. One has a green, bulky hand with moving fingers growing out of the soil. Worst of all, the plant Margaret pricked her finger on at the start of the movie has grown huge. In a tangle of branches is a green face surrounded by red ooze. It is utterly disgusting. They spray the foul things with the Weed Killer, and that's when they hear banging from one of the closets. Inside is a man who looks like their dad, bound and gagged. He claims the dad they've been living with is only a plant copy of him who overpowered him and locked him up to continue his experiments. They believe him and free him, and that's when the other dad comes in. He tells the same story, save in reverse, that he made a plant copy of himself and locked it up because it was dangerous. So there's a emotional scene there were the dad locked in the basement calls Margaret 'Princess,' which is a nickname he had for her that the other man never used. So she sprays that one, and it is the correct guess, and the plant dies. They free their dad's boss, who was locked in the basement too, and their dad gets his job back. The End. Well, they actually end with the flowers in the front porch flower bed whispering to Margaret that each of them is the real dad, but...

The book has much grosser plants, though. A sick looking plant that makes choking noises, a plant with two yellow legs for a stem, and plants with tomatoes with human faces.
The plants also moan and groan a lot, because they're suffering, ( being mutants and all, ) but they don't really do that in the movie.
The movie gave me more than one sleepless night.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I kinda felt like typing up a synopsis for some reason.
The main characters are two siblings, Margaret and Casey. Their father is a botanist recently fired from his job. Thus, he has moved all his studies to the basement, and he spends all his time down there, hardly ever speaking to his wife and kids. He never says what he is doing either. Margaret and Casey's aunt has a hospital surgery, and their mother decides to fly over to where she lives to comfort her/take care of her ( it's her sister. ) Margaret and Casey go down to the basement to get their father so he can drive his wife to the airport, but he screams at them to stay out of there in a menacing manner. He apologizes, though. While their mother and father are gone, the 2 kids hear crying noises from the basement, and take a look at what's down there. There are huge, jungle-like plants growing down there under flourescent lights. Some of the plants emit odd honking sounds, shift about, and one is actually breathing. Margaret touches it, and pricks her finger on a thorn. Then they decide to get out of that creepy place, but then Casey realizes he left his coat down there. ( He took it off because it was so hot in there. ) He goes down to get it, but one of the plants wraps a vine and holds him. Not choking or pulling, just kind of holding him. Margaret helps him out, but their dad, who just got back from the airport, suspects they were down there, which they admit to, but he's not really mad, just worried about them.

Then things start getting weird. Their dad starts wearing a hat 24-7. Margaret catches her dad eating a bag of plant food greedily ( he doesn't know she saw him. ) She spies him in the bathroom at night, and he's got the hat off. He's got leaves growing out of his head, and green blood oozing from a wound. Next morning, he suddenly cooks breakfast for them. While it's cooking, Margaret asks her dad why he has leaves instead of hair. He replies it's only a side affect of his work that will wear off. He hints at what he's doing in the basement-trying to build a plant that's part animal. Then he dishes up their food, which is some nasty green mush that the kids are a bit reluctant to eat. He gets rather forceful about it, but the front door rings, and while he is checking who it is, they dump the foul stuff in the garbage. Turns out the visitor is their dad's old boss. He never wanted to fire their dad, but the company board made him, so he's come to check out how his work is coming.

Meanwhile, the kids go to play outside, but hear shouts from the basement windows. While trying to look in, a plant vine grabs Casey. After some pulling, it retreats back into the basement, and their dad suddenly shows up. He claims his old boss already left, though the kids saw no evidence of him leaving. He also becomes angry when they try to ask him some questions and orders them to their rooms. Next thing they know, their dad put locks on the basement door and windows before going to do a favor for a neighbor. While he's out, the kids decide to call their mom about what's going on, but can't find the pad of paper with their aunt's phone number their mom left. They look in their dad's room for it, and discover a message on the telephone in his room; from the wife of their dad's old boss, saying he never came home. They also discover a mess of worms of dirt on their dad's bed. They decide to pick the lock on the masement door and really figure out what's going on own in that basement, and they take some Weed Killer with them ( lol. )

This is the disturbing part. The plants down there are huge, and some are part human. One has a green, bulky hand with moving fingers growing out of the soil. Worst of all, the plant Margaret pricked her finger on at the start of the movie has grown huge. In a tangle of branches is a green face surrounded by red ooze. It is utterly disgusting. They spray the foul things with the Weed Killer, and that's when they hear banging from one of the closets. Inside is a man who looks like their dad, bound and gagged. He claims the dad they've been living with is only a plant copy of him who overpowered him and locked him up to continue his experiments. They believe him and free him, and that's when the other dad comes in. He tells the same story, save in reverse, that he made a plant copy of himself and locked it up because it was dangerous. So there's a emotional scene there were the dad locked in the basement calls Margaret 'Princess,' which is a nickname he had for her that the other man never used. So she sprays that one, and it is the correct guess, and the plant dies. They free their dad's boss, who was locked in the basement too, and their dad gets his job back. The End. Well, they actually end with the flowers in the front porch flower bed whispering to Margaret that each of them is the real dad, but...

The book has much grosser plants, though. A sick looking plant that makes choking noises, a plant with two yellow legs for a stem, and plants with tomatoes with human faces.
The plants also moan and groan a lot, because they're suffering, ( being mutants and all, ) but they don't really do that in the movie.
The movie gave me more than one sleepless night.
Movie? I'm pretty sure that was just a 2-part episode of the Goosebumps TV Show.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Pumpkinhead gets really disturbing at some parts. And it's not even the monster or atmosphere itself that has the greatest effect. It's, well....a side-effect involved with the monster. I shall not spoil anything else though.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Some of the Goosebumps are pretty good, especially the older ones. The main problem with the series is that the characters are all very alike from book to book.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
By the way, I've never seen Pumpkinhead, but it reminds me of a story by R.L. Stine, author of Goosebumps. In that story, there was a pumpkin field in which the plants moved, and that was because the orchard was planted over a Civil War graveyard, and the pumpkin vines were actually growing down into the old rotted bodies, allowing the spirits to possess the entire orchard. Pretty cool setting imo.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Indeed. I like the way it sounds already because of it being a Civil War graveyard in particular. And I always love stories about ghosts. There aren't many good ones out there that I know of.

Have you heard the story of the Pumpkinhead film? The setting is somewhat similar with a pumpkin field (though that's only one of the many locations in the film) but the story seems to be quite different.

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
26 Bob-ombs
No, unfortunately not.

Actually, I'm not sure Stay Out Of The Basement freaked me out the most of any movie ever. There's always House. Ugh.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Even comedy horror movies can be terrifying sometimes.

And I still recommend Pumpkinhead. While some particular parts are very freaky, what I really enjoyed about it, more than anything, was it's story. It's really different and deep compared to many other horror movies.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Definitely sounds interesting.
Silver Bullet was a pretty good horror movie too. I was a little older when I watched, so it didn't freak me out as bad. But it still gave me a hard time sleeping the night I watched it, even though I think I was 13 at the time.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

The movie attracted quite a cult following. I think it's unfortunate it's not quite as well known as many other horror movies.

Silver Bullet I think I've seen before, but it's been many years so I don't remember much about it.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

@ Fluttershy Fluttershy Found it and read it!
I only saw one moment where Shimmy was drawn similarly to my avi, but because of the shading, the background and the way her only visible eye is positioned, I can tell that they're two different pictures.

But why should we care? Both are drawn by the same guy anyway!

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569

@ Fluttershy Fluttershy Found it and read it!
I only saw one moment where Shimmy was drawn similarly to my avi, but because of the shading, the background and the way her only visible eye is positioned, I can tell that they're two different pictures.

But why should we care? Both are drawn by the same guy anyway!
Yeah I kinda got another headache from thinking about something which is why I didn't respond :p

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I'd like to play more Horror games than I have. As scary as films can be, playing a horror game, especially one from a first-person view, really feels immersive, and in turn, with the right atmosphere, all the more frightening.

Top Bottom