• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Anime: "a style of Japanese film and television animation, typically aimed at adults as well as children."

That's a mistranslation. In Japan, where the term came from, anime means animated media. My Little Pony, the Simpsons, and Snow White are allanime to Japan.

You know one thing in particular that bothers me is when one changes a characters design to have extremely exaggerated details in their fanart. Oversized breasts included.

I mean, it's just confusing and disturbing. If you found the character so attractive in the first place anyway, why do you need to add so many extra details in your fanart?

For that similar reasons, I also dislike when people anthromorph characters who weren't ever anthros in the first place.
There are characters in anime that have those sized...parts...canonically. Over exaggeration of these things is something I can't stand in a show.

I'll just go into record and say that fanservice-wise, RWBY is the one of the tamest animes by far
Doesn't make any of my other points less valid.

Eh, still, it's no different than half the crap we put in our own works. Like comic books for example. It can range from improbable outfits, to rubber spines, to breasts that make you wonder whether the artist has ever seen a woman in their life.

Sure, I don't like seeing it don't get me wrong, but anime isn't the only one to do this.
No, but its by far the biggest offended.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
No, but its by far the biggest offended.
Not really. I mean for one, not all anime is T&A let's be honest here. And second, I can label many Western made franchises that are just as bad on the fanservice as anime is. I mean sure, anime is more looped with the term; but that's mostly due to stereotyping.

Suzie

The Epitome of an Unparalleled Knight
So the time has come . . . I am magenta now

Last edited:

Luig

Confused
Yesterday I was watching a Youtube Poop, and this one about Billy Mays trying to sell stuff, he said this blender is perfect for anyPONY.
And I was like LMAO.

Last edited:
Top Bottom