• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923
Hey guys, I've been doing research, and I think the gaming market is due for another crash....

The market is becoming too saturated for its own good...

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Hey guys, I've been doing research, and I think the gaming market is due for another crash....

The market is becoming too saturated for its own good...

I don't know...I think games have gotten too big for people to just stop playing them. There is always free games these days as well.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Still, the days are changing regardless. Will consoles disappear entirely and transfer to the PC? I'm pretty sure handhelds will be around for a long time, though. Unless the phones get so good they can play games as well as the 3DS/Vita can.

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
But seriously...what about Action 52? Or was it Action 51? Can't remember. Anyway...
52 games on there, and every single one is terrible. Some are unfinished.
It's a truly amazing thing.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Landfills of cartridges they couldn't sell due to over production? Yes.
Also, hey Hokori, now known as the Dorf Patrol...

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
I did hear that ET was made by like, one guy in just a few weeks. To his credit, he was at least able to pull off something.

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Hey, it was playable, I hear. I doubt Atari hardware lent itself to speedy development, either.

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion

Nevermind, (re)did some research, and the 6 (actually 5 and a half) weeks was the original developement time. :facepalm:
My original point was that, with only 6 weeks, his time to develop the game was shortened further due to having to create the graphics, music, code, etc, which would take even longer because the Atari was probably hard to create assets for.

Prometheus16

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4141-4106-0923

I don't know...I think games have gotten too big for people to just stop playing them. There is always free games these days as well.
Yes, but the market is slowly having it's good games be over-shadowed by crappy, unoriginal games, when the crap games are advertised as "The next big thing."
Maybe, but the games are still good, compared to the ones that created the 1983 crash :glare:

2056 DAMN YOU, AOL!!!! :mad: :hulk:
Yes, but they are slowly becoming more and more terrible...

Here's the link/URL/whatever it wants to appear as to the article that I had read:
DISCLAIMER: Don't ask me to vouch for the credibility of this article, because I can't...

http://tay.kotaku.com/are-we-on-the-cusp-of-another-video-game-industry-crash-1635286847

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I didn't know the E.T. game was made THAT quickly. I mean, I remember reading that Atari wanted it rushed to the market for the Christmas season or something along those lines, but I didn't know that only one guy made it and only had a matter of weeks to do so...

The cartridges being buried in a landfill is an interesting piece of history, too. It was actually sort of an urban legend until April last year where the landfill was finally dug up, and indeed, many old Atari cartridges were found, most of them being E.T. cartridges.

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Yes, but the market is slowly having it's good games be over-shadowed by crappy, unoriginal games, when the crap games are advertised as "The next big thing."

Yes, but they are slowly becoming more and more terrible...

Here's the link/URL/whatever it wants to appear as to the article that I had read:
DISCLAIMER: Don't ask me to vouch for the credibility of this article, because I can't...

http://tay.kotaku.com/are-we-on-the-cusp-of-another-video-game-industry-crash-1635286847

It is possible the industry will collapse-on the higher levels. The bigger companies may eventually end up having to contract upon themselves and grow smaller, and have to lower their sights and focus more on just making good games...

Last edited:
Top Bottom