• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569

I had thought 2000.

I got Luna also. Not who I expected, but it somewhat makes sense.

For some reason I thought you were around Baltimore.
I got Luna as well :laugh:

I actually left Baltimore about 10 years ago before it started getting bad. I'm near the maison Dixon line so I'm far enough away from the city.. not sure how much you heard but not counting yesterday It's been rather "peaceful" considering the current events..

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

That's an excellent avatar you have there, Jay.

____

Regarding Baltimore, what I know about the situation is that a guy got arrested and shortly after suffered various injuries, supposedly while in the police vehicle due to not being buckled in, before eventually dying. Several people (especially his family) believe that the police caused those injuries intentionally and want justice for it. Eventually they got together and a riot threw things like rocks at nearby cops, as well as attacking and damaging several vehicles in their path. It's become one big mess of a controversy.

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Why, thank you.

Regarding Baltimore, what I know about the situation is that a guy got arrested and shortly after suffered various injuries, supposedly while in the police vehicle due to not being buckled in, before eventually dying. Several people (especially his family) believe that the police caused those injuries intentionally and want justice for it. Eventually they got together and a riot threw things like rocks at nearby cops, as well as attacking and damaging several vehicles in their path. It's become one big mess of a controversy.
And now I also hear the one who died in the police car was a black person, so people have an excuse to cry 'racism' too.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

The man in question was named Freddie Gray.

Wikipedia has a whole page for the collection of the events and Gray's background now. Just finished reading through it...

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I don't know the exact details of what happened because I don't particularly care about it.
they only resorted to violence yesterday. I don't know how many cars were damaged but I know that a few Windows were smashed and some stores were looted including a cell phone place and a 7-eleven (iirc). There were a few fights at Camden yards between the fans and the protesters. There was someone that threw a trash can that had fire in it at the police (caught on camera and luckily missed the police)

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I didn't even know the violence went that far.

According to Wikipedia the protestors were actually pretty peaceful until a few particular individuals showed up and started up a fight.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I lose more hope in humanity every day and then gain it back another, before losing it again on yet another day, rinse and repeat.

It's become sort of a process of mine.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

I didn't even know the violence went that far.

According to Wikipedia the protestors were actually pretty peaceful until a few particular individuals showed up and started up a fight.
Are you really trusting a site where everyone can edit everything?

The evidence clearly states that this thread does not have enough pony, Mr. Edgeworth.

No matter how much you want it, you can't change evidence!

Somebody found his laptop :)

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
In all honesty, you barely need sources to postulate what happened. The...ahem...tendencies of humans in such situations are rather predictable.

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Yeah everything started once they got close to Camden yards around 6pm yesterday. The days before that were peaceful. Also the majority of my Facebook feed is about Baltimore.. and apparently the National Guard has been activated and is going to Baltimore

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
Aren't we s'pose to be on 27 now? Someponyone skipped a number.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

(still talking about Mario Kart 8) Am I the only one who burst into laughter when people said things like: "There's a brake button?" :laugh:

Last edited:
Top Bottom