• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Bob-Omg Social: Count to 300 bob-ombs!

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I do wish I could actually get some time with REAL snow. The stuff we get here ( when we get it like, once a year if that ) isn't really the real deal.
But I'll be moving further north when I get the chance, so I'm sure that will be rectified.
Coming from someone who's experienced snow, you ain't missing much.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
My parents are always telling me how horrible snow is. As if my preference of cold weather over hot weather is invalidated just because I've never experienced much of it. >.>
I HAVE experienced plenty of hot weather, and I just hate it.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Snow is actually just a by-product though. I want to live somewhere colder, simple as that. If the place has snow, it has snow.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
You know, it's pretty interesting. I was born in New Jersey, but my parents moved to Texas soon after.
It's almost like the cold weather from New Jersey infected me or something. And I've never felt like a very southern person either.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Interesting. I've some people saying they'd like to return to where they were born, though the reasons can vary.

I'm mostly American, I think, but I have some Polish Heritage in me. I'm quite happy living in CA, but I would kind of like to visit Poland someday because of that.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

The worst weather I ever get here is ridiculously hot or cold temperatures.

Sometimes heavy rain and thunderstorms too, but I don't mind just rain for the most part as long as we didn't have anything special or important planned on days where it happens to fall. I find it rather nice, actually.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Oh yeah, I get earthquakes very rarely...

Have you ever been particularly close to where Hurricanes hit? Being even remotely near one is a frightening thought.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I'm not by the water so it's not as bad. The only things I'd need to worry about are trees falling onto the house (hasn't happened), flooding in the basement, and some other things.. it has been a while since Maryland got hit by a good Hurricane though..

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
63 bob-ombs

Hurricanes are definitely horrifying. Just seeing one in the distance is enough to make me paranoid.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion

Interesting. I've some people saying they'd like to return to where they were born, though the reasons can vary.

I'm mostly American, I think, but I have some Polish Heritage in me. I'm quite happy living in CA, but I would kind of like to visit Poland someday because of that.
I think I've got some French and Irish in me. The only place I'd like to visit in particular ( other than places with historical significance ) is Japan. I find their culture intriguing, and since I'm a video game enthusiast, I am also interested in its significance to the industry.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
65 Hurricanes aren't really as bad if you aren't near the water..

I have German heritage, know German but never gone there (would like to though..)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Well that's good, not many really major concerns, at least.

I can barely even look at photos of Hurricanes that have long passed without getting goosebumps and sometimes even shuddering slightly. Depends on exactly what the view of the image is.

I'd kind of like to visit the United Kingdom some day as well. Visiting places like Japan would be cool but I can't really speak (or read) any language but English. I'd like to at least learn Polish though.

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
I'd like to learn Japanese. I find the language interesting.

My house has seen a few hurricanes. One that was a really long time ago, and then I believe we were hit by Hurricane :4myfriends:. I don't think they were much but a lot of rain and some strong winds, though :4myfriends: caused the power to go out for a while.
Though one of the two's winds ( can't remember which ) DID have enough force to rip the door off of a shed we had...

Earthquakes? Those sound pretty scary...

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I don't even have a basement, just a garage. I don't live close to an ocean either so not even flooding would be of concern (from what I recall, some hurricanes have had minor affects on CA, and since 1900 it's only had two major storms strike it. So not really a concern here)

Some parts of my house has had some minor water damage from rain, including near a back window in the living room that we always keep watch of during heavier rain and thunder storms.

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
76 no I love my kitty :p
I was sleeping in bed when everything started shaking. (its the only "major" one I've had but was still weak compared to the others..)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

A few months back CA actually such nasty and weird temperatures and ridiculously strong winds (I saw trash cans and recycle cans, almost fully loaded, being blown over on their backs by those winds) that we actually had some potential tornado warnings.

Fortunately, no tornados ended up forming.

Wait a second....Hokori?

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
82 she can be a pain though especially when I need to get up or don't want her at the moment.. Her name is Kiki

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

That's a cute name for a cat.

My mom keeps telling me how careful I'd have to be if we ever got a small dog or two.

EDIT: Yeah....you've retired?

Last edited:
Top Bottom