• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BND is gonna love this one

cisyphus

Smash Ace
Set your c-stick to Attack instead of Smash.
Go into training mode or whatever you want really.
Crouch.
Hit back on the c-stick repeatedly.
Hit forward on the c-stick.
Hit back then forward on the c-stick.

Snake is a god.

This is an old relic from my Charizard days that I tried out recently because I've been doing a lot more f-tilts (because it's godlike let's be honest). Charizard used it for true CC jabs (because his jab is fantastic) but Snake benefits a lot more from the f-tilt—although the super easy jab cancels are nothing to scoff at. You can also get c-stick nairs by hitting at one of the diagonal vertices which helps a lot in getting max distance ledgehop nairs.

The only problem I can see is that you can't c-stick f-smash, and f-smash frankly is pretty garbage anyway considering you can SDI the first hit really easily. f-tilt combo is probably better in most situations. F-smash has gimmicky niches it can fill, but I want to eliminate the gimmicky aspects of my game anyway, so there you go.

Last edited:

BND

Smash Apprentice
I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE
(though realistically jab->ftilt->jab spam on shield's just a remnant of the days I used to play other fighting games; trying to get rid of it, though it might still be viable on hit if jab -> landing lag -> ftilt -> jab's actually legitimate. The fact that the some people are too scared to punish the jab/ftilt spam's also a bit of a deterrent, since there's not much reason to switch yet.)
Anyways, TBH I actually tried this already after reading the post from http://smashboards.com/threads/b-sticking.357028/, but the fact that some dairs got read as nairs threw my gameplay off a lot.
Come to think of it, though, nairs and dairs both have minimal knockback, so I might try this again some time. As you mentioned in that post, CC ftilts sound pretty great, especially if someone decides to approach with an aerial and aren't light-tapping their shield buttons to L cancel, though dtilts work well as a substitute.

Last edited:

cisyphus

Smash Ace
Yeah, as far as the C-stick Nair goes I'd say just grind out getting consistent at hitting the proper vertex, and also consider favoring the vertex that will still provide a solid option when you miss (i.e. never use the forward pointed vertices because Fair isn't convenient). I have a tournament this Saturday that I'll be testing this out at.

moonfolk

Smash Apprentice
Can you still DACUS the traditional way with C-Stick set to Smash?
I assume you mean "Attack" because it is set to smash by default, and yes, you can DACUS just fine. For some reason it only changes c-stick back to jab, and c-stick forward to ftilt. As much as I would like it to change c-stick up to utilt, I do think that would make it impossible to DACUS. But considering all this for a simple short cut, I think I'd rather just get better at utilt.

Top Bottom