• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BnB and Combo Thread

LordOfThePies

Smash Rookie
Hey guys. I'm relatively new here (but I've been playing Smash for a while). I was thinking we could use a combo-specific thread for Wolf, since I don't really see one anywhere else. I'm picking up Wolf, and while I can see his huge combo potential, I don't really have a grasp on everything that he can do BnB-wise (videos help, but I'd like to see what others think as well). So for me, as well as any other new Wolfs out there, what are some good combos that you go for? Anything from BnBs to character/percent/stage-specific combos.

TimeMuffinPhD

PhD in time travel and muffins.
NNID
TimeMuffinPhD
Alright, I'm not sure I'll fill everything in here, but I'll make sure to get everything off the top of my head. I'm gonna start by saying that these aren't complete combos, these are more like mix and match combos; many of them lead off each other and vice versa. Experiment and see what works. I'll give some tips, but I won't cover everything.

COMBO STARTER/FILLER Pillar Combo - This would be the first that comes into mind. Wolf's pillar combo consists off D-air or shine as the combo starter, then followed by another D-air and shine. D-air requires SHFFL and the timing of the shine is imperative. This is a pretty core combo, as it also leads into a lot of other combos. Doesn't work as well on fast fallers on low percent.

FILLER U-Air combo - This is normally done when the opponent is high up in the air, rarely do you use it on the ground. This is good for low percents and can rack up some quick damage, it's also useful for setting up Side-B.

COMBO STARTER/FILLER Dash Attack - This can link in to so many things, however it is a little predictable and punishable. Depending on the character it can lead into another Dash Attack, won't work on fast fallers however. B-Throw can link into this with most of the cast. Try some of the other fillers with this.

COMBO STARTER/FILLER Shine - This will fill into literally anything that you do, however it isn't always the best option. It's very good for juggling Spacies, you can Wave-Shine them off-stage and then D-air them afterwards. You can juggle most at low percents with virtually just Shine, but most of the time you want to follow up with D-air. It leads into side-b, which is one of it's big utilities - on fast fallers you will have to get them to a very high percent to do so.

ENDER F-Smash - This can be used after B-Throw on the majority of the cast, the same goes after D-air, D-Throw and Shine.

ENDER D-Smash - This is normally hard to work in to a genuine combo, however I usually jab cancel D-Smash after a low percent combo via N-air or Shine - it's more used as a edge guarding/punishing tool.

ENDER B-Air - I like to use this when they're in an air combo, it's usually possible after a Shine or a D-air.

COMBO STARTER/FILLER N-Air - Linking this into Shine and vice versa normally works on lower percents. Also on heavier characters you can do a late N-Air into shine to get lots of percentage e.g. Ganondorf. Also doing N-Air while they're in the air will bring them back down to the ground to get a combo reset, which is a good way to setup for Shine > Side-B.

COMBO STARTER/FILLER D-Tilt - Unless CC'd, this move pops up the opponent into the air, which you should be able to guess by now leads into many core options.

ENDER Side-B - I won't go into too much detail about this, as I've already mentioned it in many of the other parts. This can link into a lot of combos because of it's coverage, however you have to be technically skilled and ballsy if you want to hit the various ranges.

I may edit this at some point, any questions feel free to ask; I enjoy helping out newer players!

LordOfThePies

Smash Rookie
I have most of the basics down atm. But I'm hoping that other new Wolfs can use this as well lol. Btw I'm not a new player, really. I'm just new to Wolf lol.

TimeMuffinPhD

NNID
TimeMuffinPhD
I have most of the basics down atm. But I'm hoping that other new Wolfs can use this as well lol. Btw I'm not a new player, really. I'm just new to Wolf lol.
Yeah I totally skimmed past this "Hey guys. I'm relatively new here" so I misinterpreted what you said; I was halfway through writing before I realized lol.

Dwarfskeet

Smash Rookie
I've been trying to work on my Wolf a bit, which absolutely sucks. However, I found this video of Rat giving about a 30 minute lesson on Wolf. At first he just goes over each of Wolf's individual moves, but around the 10 minute mark or so, he gets into the actual combos he uses. I've found it pretty helpful so far.

I can't link videos, since I don't have enough posts on the forums, but just search for "Smash 101 PM Character Lesson - Rat (Wolf)" by WindyCitySmash.

TimeMuffinPhD

NNID
TimeMuffinPhD
I've been trying to work on my Wolf a bit, which absolutely sucks. However, I found this video of Rat giving about a 30 minute lesson on Wolf. At first he just goes over each of Wolf's individual moves, but around the 10 minute mark or so, he gets into the actual combos he uses. I've found it pretty helpful so far.

I can't link videos, since I don't have enough posts on the forums, but just search for "Smash 101 PM Character Lesson - Rat (Wolf)" by WindyCitySmash.
Yeah definitely a helpful video, however he doesn't explain how he does the Up-B semi spike. Also here's the link for anybody wondering, it doesn't have enough publicity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJOl98yKJ78

Top Bottom