• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blood test

brinboy789

Smash Champion
Link to original post: [drupal=1262]Blood test[/drupal]

Im about to get one tomorrow, and to be honest, im kinda scared/exited/wtfamidoing. What should I expect? I know this might sound childish, but does it hurt? my frienc whos gotten one says that it doesnt hurt a bit, just blast your ipod *_*.

not sure what to expect, any ideas?

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
It depends on a lot of things actually.

If you don't like needles, you'll really not enjoy this one. The standard Blood Test Butterfly needle is quite something to behold, ie, it has quite a bit of girth.

If you are squeamish about that kind of thing, just don't look, it really is that simple, and the feeling of it going in will be nothing more than a minscule prick.

If the doctor/nurse keeps a good firm hand on the needle, it should be a pretty painless but rather odd sensation. Depending on how much blood they take out, you may find yourself to be feeling drained and lethargic, but it's doubtful since blood tests tend not to take so much blood.
If, however, the doctor/nurse is a bit of an amateur (this can be the case), the needle may not be clamped properly and it might wiggle about a bit. That does NOT feel good. That's highly unlikely to happen, but I'm speaking from personal experience >__>.

I've had countless and they're really nothing to be worried about. Just make sure you eat and drink well after your blood test and it'll feel like nothing's happened.

Well, I hope this has helped, and I hope everything goes ok for you. :)

Mith_

Smash Champion
It depends on a lot of things actually.

If you don't like needles, you'll really not enjoy this one. The standard Blood Test Butterfly needle is quite something to behold, ie, it has quite a bit of girth.
http://www.smashboards.com/group.php?groupid=831

^ thanks, and how long does the needle stay in your arm?

I'm sorry. I couldn't resist. I tried. I really did.

But on a real note, don't they just draw blood and then send you home and mail you your results? That's what they did for my blood test. It was a lot of blood they drew though. I was like, dang, how long has this needle been in my arm? I've always found blood tests, giving blood, and getting shots fun if it makes you feel any better :p. The needle feels weird, but I like it lol.

The needle feels weird, but I like it lol.

:urg:

This belongs in the pool room imo.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
^ thanks, and how long does the needle stay in your arm?
As long as they're drawing blood. Kinda hard to gauge, it can stay for quite a few minutes if they deem it appropriate to draw more blood. That's up to the doctor unfortunately :urg:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't like needles, but it's more of like...a reflex or something.

It doesn't really hurt, just the idea of something puncturing your skin and sucking out your blood freaks you out more.

Unless you get some nurse or something that doesn't know how to do there job. If they miss, it will hurt.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
^ thanks. and last question: where exactly do they stick in the needle?

group #831
Every time I did it, they popped out the vein in my inner elbow and pierced that.

They'll go for any nice vein that pops out on your arm though.

Lol moar innuendo.

Top Bottom