• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blitzbox, Easier Recording/LIVE BROADCASTING

Kadiev

Smash Ace
** I have ordered one and will write a review about this and post it // maybe a video tutorial**

References
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3VwxQ1ZVPc
www.blitzcast.com

About
So I was looking around on how to record and ran into this little device. Well apparently you can record and broadcast live after you download a program on their site. You just need Audio/Video(both side male ends) cables and then the device connects to your computer through the USB port. The more expensive the better the device is. The 89$+ have built-in capture cards so you do not need to spend more on a capture card, they usually start around that price anyway. Plus there is the other boxes that allow you to play in HD and record in SD. The other one is a wireless that streams to your computer. I do not think that would work well or seem smooth with wireless.

I am thinking that such large events or any small events you can broadcast and people can watch your matches LIVE. So you would be able to set up 1 tv or how many Blitzboxes you have and just have those players go over their and play on that specific tv. I think this would be the next big step for SSBM or any game for that matter.

Any opinions and such would be appreciated.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
I'm considering getting the B1 ($89 one). It splits the video for you, so that's nice. The wireless one is tempting, but if it would lower quality or make the game lag, I wouldn't touch it.
EDIT: There's $7.75 shipping and handling, so the $89 is actually $96.75.

Orichalcum

Smash Journeyman
Im also interested in getting a B1 but unfortunately paypal isnt working for my country :/
Well seemed too good to be true

Kadiev

Smash Ace
Im also interested in getting a B1 but unfortunately paypal isnt working for my country :/
Well seemed too good to be true
Try e-mailing them at suppot@blitzcast.com and see if they might be able to arrange something for you.

I'm considering getting the B1 ($89 one). It splits the video for you, so that's nice. The wireless one is tempting, but if it would lower quality or make the game lag, I wouldn't touch it.
EDIT: There's $7.75 shipping and handling, so the $89 is actually $96.75.

Yes there is shipping cost so it is around 96 and there is some slight delays because of all the demand they are getting for it. I have ordered the B1 too. Mine should be coming next week. When I get it ill be testing out everything and even try the live broadcasting at a tournament just to see and I will be writing a review for everyone.

Please Note - It may seem too high of a price but capture cards are already at that price. So you buy this and you get the wires and easy setup for it. Also I wouldn't really trust the wireless capture card, it kinda seems too good to be true. I think a straight cable connection from the capture card to your pc/laptop is better,faster and will make a better quality video(s). I also think the live broadcasting would lag more then a wired connection. Maybe if I have extra money I will try it out.

Space IVIonkey

Smash Rookie
Hey Kadiev, when are you going to do a review?

The Blitzbox B1 offers everything that I want. I searched long and hard for a review but in vain. I don't understand why the Blitzbox isn't more popular and their aren't any video reviews on youtube. Please Kadiev can you make a review like you said you would; obviously a video review is best. Then post the link in these forums. I signed up for this site just because there may be a slight chance you would revisit this forum and follow up on your statement. I hope to here any sort of input regarding the quality and effectiveness of any of the blitzboxes.

Top Bottom