• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blastzone 4! Brawl/Melee/Project:M tournament... - November 23rd, 2013 - London, United Kingdom

Heartstring

Smash Legend
The fourth tournament in our new London-based tournament series! The details aren't yet totally confirmed, but the date is confirmed so the thread shall be made!
The Heart of Gaming has invested itself in our community, and has purchased 3 setups, 1 for each of our games!

Note: Please go a confirm yourself on the facebook page if you're going!

-----IMPORTANT INFO-----

Schedule:
Venue opens at 12Midday
Sign-ups: 12Midday-1pm
Brawl Doubles: 1pm-Finish
Brawl Singles: 2pm-Finish
Melee: 1pm-Finish
Project:M 1pm-Finish

Entry Fee:
Venue: £???
Venue+Overnight stay: £???
NOTE: I'm working on getting us a cheaper venue fee than last time, so no venue fee confirmed yet.
Brawl Singles: £5
Brawl Doubles £5 per team
Melee: £3
ProjectM: £3

-----RULES-----

~Brawl Rules~
NOTE: The brawl ruleset is identical to the ruleset for Apex2014, For all of the rules, please see: www.apex-series.com/rules/brawl/
General:
-Meta Knight legal (Double Meta Knight is illegal in doubles)
-3 Stocks
-8 Minutes
-Items: OFF and NONE
-Team Attack ON
-Ledge grab limit(LGL): 35
-All Chain-grabs and infinites are legal, But must stop before 300%
-If a draw occurs, the winner will be decided first by stocks, then by percentage. If the LGL is broken, the violator automatically loses. If both stock and percentage is even, Then the match will be decided by a 1-stock 3-minute rematch on the same stage (LGL:15)

Neutral Stages:
Smashville
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Counterpick Stages:
Castle Siege
Halberd
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Pokemon Stadium

~Melee Rules~

General:
4 Stocks
Items Off
8 Minutes
Team Attack ON

Neutral Stages:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi Story
Fountain of Dreams
Dreamland 64
Counterpick Stages:
Pokemon Stadium

-----OTHER INFO-----

Setups:
We Need people to bring setups in order for the tournament to run smoothly! Any and all setups are appreciated no matter what game its for, The game with the most entrants gets priority (which is likely to be brawl) and Project:M gets priority on NTSC-TV's
Brawl:
1. (Venue owned)
Melee:
1. (Venue owned)
ProjectM:
1. (Venue owned)

Accommodation:
Housing is provided by the venue for an extra £??? (working on it)
Alternatively, You can sort out a place to stay with fellow smash players by asking them personally.

Parking:
There is parking on 'Park Royal Road' nearby, It's £2 all day on weekdays and FREE on weekends.
There is also parking at the nearby ASDA supermarket, which is also free on weekends

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
I'll be there, but can people get there on time and also not delay the tournament with terrible money matches which are painful to watch.
thanks

SnareRush

Big Loada
Great to hear HoG bought some setups. :D
I can bring another Melee setup along.
Get training people! All us new guys gotta close the gap (slightly) on the top players this tourney. :falconmelee:

Luigimitsu

Smash Apprentice
Screw their setups for Brawl I want replay hack setups xD I will play my matches on Me/Luke and Loz's Wii so I can save the replays.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Screw their setups for Brawl I want replay hack setups xD I will play my matches on Me/Luke and Loz's Wii so I can save the replays.
They're going to be hacked setups anyway. if you want to send me the files to be put on an SD card, then go ahead and they can be fully functioning setups!

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
If I can get cheap travel count me in!
Cal would you get the train or coach there? Because if you come to Birmingham, you can get a day return from Birmingham to London for £32.50 with an underground card included as well, and you and brad could cotch at mine the night LCLCLCLCLC

Or you can get just get a off peak return from Birmingham without the underground card for £27.50.
Either way it's cheaper than travelling from Leicester to London. You can get coaches to Birmingham for pretty cheap as well.

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
Cal would you get the train or coach there? Because if you come to Birmingham, you can get a day return from Birmingham to London for £32.50 with an underground card included as well, and you and brad could cotch at mine the night LCLCLCLCLC

Or you can get just get a off peak return from Birmingham without the underground card for £27.50.
Either way it's cheaper than travelling from Leicester to London. You can get coaches to Birmingham for pretty cheap as well.
sounds good mayn, ill loook into it!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
if you guys are interested in saving money, Booking a coach from birmingham/Leicester is gonig to be infinitely cheaper. Its like £15 return coach from birmingham/leicester if you book right away.

Doesnt seem like it's going to be that much slower than train either. just a thought, nationalexpress.com for the coaches, although I'm sure you already know that

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
if you guys are interested in saving money, Booking a coach from birmingham/Leicester is gonig to be infinitely cheaper. Its like £15 return coach from birmingham/leicester if you book right away.

Doesnt seem like it's going to be that much slower than train either. just a thought, nationalexpress.com for the coaches, although I'm sure you already know that
Yeah GP i always go by coach to london anyway, you can get it for like £12 which is mad. downside is 3 hours 20 minutes, rather then an hour on the train

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Making a note for everyone: Tournament date is now November 30th, so dont be arriving there on the 23rd please :)

Luigimitsu

Smash Apprentice
They're going to be hacked setups anyway. if you want to send me the files to be put on an SD card, then go ahead and they can be fully functioning setups!
I can give you the NTSC code file, or do you need it for PAL? Also, it will be useless if the replays don't get uploaded somewhere.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I can give you the NTSC code file, or do you need it for PAL? Also, it will be useless if the replays don't get uploaded somewhere.
I havent got a clue how to hack man XD
it's probably going to be an NTSC hack on both the P:M and brawl setup. I'm not entirely sure what to do there.

Anyway, dates been changed back to the 23rd november due to many requests :)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Its highly unlikely, I play a bad character and dont get any time for matches outside of tournament because I'm busy running things :p

I'm already more badass than brett though, dont you worry

Luigimitsu

Smash Apprentice
I havent got a clue how to hack man XD
it's probably going to be an NTSC hack on both the P:M and brawl setup. I'm not entirely sure what to do there.

Anyway, dates been changed back to the 23rd november due to many requests :)
Well once Gecko/Riivolution is working with codes enabled and the ntsc disk (or usbloader with the wbfs on the hard drive) you can just put the files onto the SD. My 2gb SD card is full with stages and music since I changed all the stages to reskins or legal ones so I could upload it or if it's too much effort I'll send the code file by itself (small file, but no awesome music + textures). I can just bring my Brawl SD along as well, so I can use both my Brawl SD and my P:M SD.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Well once Gecko/Riivolution is working with codes enabled and the ntsc disk (or usbloader with the wbfs on the hard drive) you can just put the files onto the SD. My 2gb SD card is full with stages and music since I changed all the stages to reskins or legal ones so I could upload it or if it's too much effort I'll send the code file by itself (small file, but no awesome music + textures). I can just bring my Brawl SD along as well, so I can use both my Brawl SD and my P:M SD.
Well, What auro has done for me for P:M is put everything on a sd card, including the NTSC copy of the game, and it works which is cool. I'll probably ask him about that, I would prefer to have no music/texture hacks for the arcades Wii's, particularly as some of your textures are a bit odd :p

Aurareus

Smash Rookie
I ripped my NTSC copy of Brawl and used a program to extract the ISO, replace the Brawl files with the P:M ones and patch the executable with the codes from P:M, then rebuilt the ISO.
Then using the backup manager I scrubbed it, split it (because FAT32 doesn't support >4GB files), converted it to wbfs and put it on the SD along with WiiFlow (a backup loader to load the game) and the latest cIOS installer (you need to install a cIOS on your Wii in order to load backups).

This way it takes up less space because you don't have a Brawl ISO with all the Brawl files plus all the P:M files on one SD, also means you can just copy contents of the SD to any other 8GB+ SD card to get P:M on there and you have a little extra room on an 8GB card for stuff like custom music/stages.
I think it might load quicker too since it's not running from disc and patching the files in.

Oh and I also put a PAL Melee ISO on your card GP, with a cMIOS and a way to load it.

You can't load NTSC Brawl though, sorry.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
...wow, That's really cool. Does this mean that I need to have a copy of PAL brawl in my wii in order to actually play P:M on my wii then?

Aurareus

Smash Rookie
Nope, it exists entirely on the SD card.
You could burn the ISO that I put on the SD card onto a disc and you would have a Project: M disc.
... Which I am a definitely tempted to actually do as there is a really nice cover someone made for P:M, as well as a disc cover and I have spare Wii cases.

You only need your PAL copy of Brawl to actually play Brawl.

Luigimitsu

Smash Apprentice
I have some odd textures on my SD but I kept all the original stages there too, just replaced the illegal ones, or if you want you could just use the music since that's all that really matters. The main reason I added a ton of extra stages is I wanted to hear a lot of different music while playing xD.

Post the P:M box art and disc art I'd like to see. :)

Aurareus

Smash Rookie

There's another less stylised one that I'm sure some people would prefer, personally I like this one though.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I see, thats pretty cool, I have 2 wii's here that are for the arcade, we want 1 to be a dedicated brawl wii and the other to be dedicated to P:M. I'll figure it out :p

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Since there isn't really a stage list for PM 2.6b, I figured I would make one.

Starters:

Yoshi's Story
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 2
Final Destination
Smashville
Dreamland
Fountain of Dreams

CPs:

Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
WarioWare
Green Hill Zone
Dracula's Castle
SSE: Jungle

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
If I can get it off work, I'd love to come and introduce myself to the community :). There isn't a Smash scene in Wales :/

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
...I'm a Brawl player :$ haha. Haven't played competative Melee since Brawl came out :/

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
Is this going to be a one-day event? And if so, wat time do you think it will finish?

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
G~P, any chance you know the answer to my above question? Also, is it possible to play in both singles AND doubles due to the times of them both?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Sorry, I've been away :p

Yes, It's a one-day event, Saturday, Starts at midday, finishes at midnight (although should actually finish before then)

Yes, you can play singles and doubles simultaneously, if you're playing more than one event though, make sure to stick around and don't run off, otherwise you could well get disqualified

ShiftingShadows28

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys!

Really want to attend for melee and PM but as I mentioned on the FB page I will need housing (and some practice) for friday night! Can arrive any time between 3pm and 10pm probably so I am flexible.
Also would like a teams partner for melee if anyone wants? :) cheers!

p.s. sorry to be WAY last minute, I have a perfect gap in my uni work for this now!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Hey guys!

Really want to attend for melee and PM but as I mentioned on the FB page I will need housing (and some practice) for friday night! Can arrive any time between 3pm and 10pm probably so I am flexible.
Also would like a teams partner for melee if anyone wants? :) cheers!

p.s. sorry to be WAY last minute, I have a perfect gap in my uni work for this now!
Did you perhaps try and ask in smashUK? at this point in time, a lot of people are using that primarily for smash stuff
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SmashUK/

Top Bottom