• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Blanking in progress.

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
If you download NRage's Di8 controller plugin, you can not only adjust your deadzone but also the "default analog stick range", which is similar to deadzone in that it alters the pressure needed to strike a button, key, or stick to get a desired result.

metaknight007

Smash Cadet
i have the opposite problem everytime i tap the directional stick i run, i just can't walk, is there a way to reduce the sensitivity? i use a xbox controller with XBCD driver.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
If you download NRage's Di8 controller plugin, you can not only adjust your deadzone but also the "default analog stick range", which is similar to deadzone in that it alters the pressure needed to strike a button, key, or stick to get a desired result.
why has no one told me about this before? I have the opposite problem. I cant walk. Will the plugin save me???

also, where can I get it ??

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
Yes, untick the "raw data" box if you'd like to use his plugin online.

Dylan I'd searched online at google, it shouldn't take more than 5 minutes to find the most recent version of his plugin, if you can't I'll look myself and find it again.

Yes I think the plugin will help your problem, although I use a keyboard and the plugin is not particularly useful to me, it is MUCH more helpful for people using controllers.

Unless of course you're on a keyboard, in which case reducing the "stick-range" below 61% or so, and it screws you more than it helps. Because under that point, no matter how hard you hit the key, it FORCES you to walk. Also, you can't smash-- it automatically tilts. Also, you can't even regular jump-- it forces a short-hop.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Yes, untick the "raw data" box if you'd like to use his plugin online.

Dylan I'd searched online at google, it shouldn't take more than 5 minutes to find the most recent version of his plugin, if you can't I'll look myself and find it again.

Yes I think the plugin will help your problem, although I use a keyboard and the plugin is not particularly useful to me, it is MUCH more helpful for people using controllers.

Unless of course you're on a keyboard, in which case reducing the "stick-range" below 61% or so, and it screws you more than it helps. Because under that point, no matter how hard you hit the key, it FORCES you to walk. Also, you can't smash-- it automatically tilts. Also, you can't even regular jump-- it forces a short-hop.
nah Im on a controller, but no matter what deadzone I use my stick runs whether I smash it, or a flea breathes on it, my character will dash.

The only way to walk for me is to jab, then hold forward during the animation, then my character walks, but at a set pace, I cant change the pace at which I move.

I play with the Dpad of my controller, it works very well except for Shuairs :( Im hoping if I get some sensitivity in my control stick to keep playing dpad smash, but use the control stick to walk and possibly do shuairs.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Nice, and I hate you controller users and ur sh-uairs T.T
You really cant play falcon without shuairs.

My solution now is I made a macro for the UP command of my joystick / pad. I would have prefered to have only applied it to the control stick, but for some reason it and the Dpad count as the same thing.

SO, I made a macro to change the sensitivity ONLY of directional up. Now when I jump with UP on the control stick, I short hop. To full jump I must press my jump button.

It will take some getting used to, fulljumping all the time with my jump button but I believe the short term sacrifice in terms of ease of play is worth it to finally have my shuairs.

Top Bottom