• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BJ's Ladder (Sorta)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Hey guys my name is Captain BJ. I was thinking of hosting a skill ladder that looks something like this:

Ex Ladder:
S Rank (you are a god) - Isai - S+++++++++

A Rank(you are dam good)- Superboomfan (maybe) - A+/A,- Tigerbombz A/A-,
Jaime-HR- A/A-

B Rank(You are about the same level as Captain BJ, maybe a little better, a little crappier)-Captain BJ-B, -Frog aka Frogles - B++, - Darth Fox - B~ , Beast - B-, Nintendude- B , Peekatchu- B~, SheerMadness-B~

C Rank(Not bad, generally has the tech skill but subpar mind games that leads to getting owned)- YBOMBB-C
SirHC-C~

D Rank(You make poop like delicious)-

---
S Rank is for the current best player of Online Smash

A Rank is for awesome people who have some tiny special quality that pushes them ahead of the B Rank People

B rank, aka the Blowjob Rank is for experienced, powerful players of smash that can defeat A players sometimes

C rank is for people who have decent tech skill but lack enough common sense to predict people and create mind games (usually they mindgame themselves to their deaths)

D rank is for people who should quit smash

All you have to do is face me on P2P or maybe normal Kaillera. I largely, largely prefer Mupen because it desynches way less than Project64k but maybe I will do P64k also. Matches, which are 5 stock, may range from 2 to infinity and will not be on Sector Z. The reason I put 2 to infinity is because nobody can realistically gauge somebody's skill from one sole match.

After you face me, I will put you on my list based on how good I feel you are. Generally speaking, getting close to beating me will at least net you a B-/C+ grade. If you feel you were just playing bad that day then just ask me for a rematch or something.

Just leave your AIM on this board and I will contact you sooner or later when I am not busy. The worst thing that can happen to you is ending up on my D rank so I feel it is worth a shot.

Now shall we get this started?

Edit: It seems nobody wants to try this thing out so I'm going to have my owne biased list. If you think you are wrongly in a place then try facing me to change your spot.

Peek~

Smash Lord
I actually miss the old ladder.

The Golf club is definitely in the A rank.

No one impressive on kaillera

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Hey guys my name is Captain BJ. I was thinking of hosting a skill ladder that looks something like this:

Ex Ladder:
S Rank (you are a god) - Isai - S+++++++++

A Rank(you are dam good)- Superboomfan (maybe) - A+/A,- Tigerbombz A/A-,
Jaime-HR- A/A-

B Rank(You are about the same level as Captain BJ, maybe a little better, a little crappier)-Captain BJ-B, -Frog aka Frogles - B+, - Darth Fox - B~ , Beast - B-

C Rank(Not bad, generally has the tech skill but subpar mind games that leads to getting owned)- (none yet)

D Rank(Oh GOD u are bad)-(none yet)

All you have to do is face me on P2P or maybe normal Kaillera. I largely, largely prefer Mupen because it desynches way less than Project64k but maybe I will do P64k also. Matches, which are 5 stock, may range from 2 to infinity and will not be on Sector Z. The reason I put 2 to infinity is because nobody can realistically gauge somebody's skill from one sole match.

After you face me, I will put you on my list based on how good I feel you are. Generally speaking, getting close to beating me will at least net you a B-/C+ grade. If you feel you were just playing bad that day then just ask me for a rematch or something.

Just leave your AIM on this board and I will contact you sooner or later when I am not busy. The worst thing that can happen to you is ending up on my D rank so I feel it is worth a shot.

Now shall we get this started?

Where did EGX go btw? Can't find the server
oh wow i didnt notice this at first

JamieHR, BoomFan....and Tiger.... Tiger..on the same page....wow...im an A-

D

Deleted member

wow 11 posts and no takers...

How is the list flawed u homo Dash Fox

Frog is definitely excellent he and I spar all the time he gets like 2 matches to my 1

If i get owned by 2 stock ( although 2 stock isn't really getting owned), it depends on too many factors to simply judge from 1 sole match.

Sensei you don't belong on the D list I can tell by Mega FFAing with you.

tigerbombzz

Smash Apprentice
oh wow i didnt notice this at first

JamieHR, BoomFan....and Tiger.... Tiger..on the same page....wow...im an A-
WTF...ru serious! get da *** off my level, just cuz some ppl do particularly well against me dont mean ur the ****! fukers like you or ybombb think your **** dnt stank cuz you guys can hang somewhat okay with me. bUT YOU AINT TIGHT! SO STOP THINKING IT!

bj..i would accept ur ladder but iono...i see my name alrdy! L33T SNIFF

Dash_Fox

Smash Ace
Tiger is higher than I am? I think we're equal!

Well last time we played we were pretty much equal, which I haven't even seen that fool since so... ****... that was like 2 months ago lol. TIGER WHERE YOU AT FOOL. :D

I also haven't played frog in a long time. Or you BJ LAWL. God **** I hardly play anyone anymore. Why you guys gotta be like that?

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Tiger is higher than I am? I think we're equal!

Well last time we played we were pretty much equal, which I haven't even seen that fool since so... ****... that was like 2 months ago lol. TIGER WHERE YOU AT FOOL. :D

I also haven't played frog in a long time. Or you BJ LAWL. God **** I hardly play anyone anymore. Why you guys gotta be like that?
Cuz you don't have msn like a cool person :p

MarioReincarnate

Smash Journeyman
It wouldn't be that hard to make a ladder that works by itself... but nobody really keeps with them or they'll think the way it's set up is dumb.

And one person grading people is incredibly subjective. And dumb.

Unless tiger is the grader, of course.

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
This isn't going to work.

You've already stated why not yourself.

"It depends on too many factors to simply judge from 1 sole match."

Therefore, you kinda nullified your whole idea.

Not to mention the fact that this isn't a ladder system anyway, it's just based on opinions. If I thought I was better than Boom, I would put myself higher on my own list, and no-one could stop me because it's a list based on my own ideas. However, if I played Boom, it would be clear that he's better than me, so I would be lower.

You can't judge the skills of a group by having them all play one person.

tigerbombzz

Smash Apprentice
This isn't going to work.

You've already stated why not yourself.

"It depends on too many factors to simply judge from 1 sole match."

Therefore, you kinda nullified your whole idea.

Not to mention the fact that this isn't a ladder system anyway, it's just based on opinions. If I thought I was better than Boom, I would put myself higher on my own list, and no-one could stop me because it's a list based on my own ideas. However, if I played Boom, it would be clear that he's better than me, so I would be lower.

You can't judge the skills of a group by having them all play one person.
wtf...r u still talking!?

D

Deleted member

Meowkitty I said 1 sole match as in 1 single 5 stock game

get a brain

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I think the only good way to make an accurate ranking is to make tournaments and power rankings like in melee.
However that probably wouldnt work since everybody should pick pikachu to win thats so sad.
And that list wouldnt represent the most skilled, but the most winning capable.

Btw, anybody has the link for the old ladder?

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
How about this.

Appoint judges from the top levels of the ladder you have here.

These judges will face you in succession and/or formulate their opinions of your skill based on matches you have recorded, and put on youtube.

Multiple opinions from the people who we KNOW are the best. No better way to do it (currently).
This of course requires the cooperation of those specific people...

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I still agree with meowkitties quote from above.

Facing one person can still give really inaccurate results. It could be like this.

Player 1 is really bad at playing against falcons and when he trys out for the ladder, he finds out C.BJ is a falcon main (Really idk but just for the example). After the match is done, he gets 3 stocked.

Player 2 is really good against falcons and he wins by 1 stock so C.BJ would give him a higher position because he did better.

Both Player 1 and Player 2 face each other and Player 1 beats Player 2 because Player 2 used a character Player 1 is good against.

So I wouldn't necessary call this a "ladder" but more of a "rankings in opinion of C.BJ"

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
I think the only good way to make an accurate ranking is to make tournaments and power rankings like in melee.
However that probably wouldnt work since everybody should pick pikachu to win thats so sad.
And that list wouldnt represent the most skilled, but the most winning capable.

Btw, anybody has the link for the old ladder?
It's not like pikachu is unbeatable ... unless the pikachu is at isai's level or so. All of the better characters have LOTS of broken **** going for them.

Also, once you start making distinctions between "most skilled" and "best at winning"... you get into the territory of really arbitrary and subjective judgments. If this were ssbm I'd straight up call that a scrub attitude, but even in ssb... the "skill level" (whatever that means) and "winning capability" are basically the same.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
It's not like pikachu is unbeatable ... unless the pikachu is at isai's level or so. All of the better characters have LOTS of broken **** going for them.

Also, once you start making distinctions between "most skilled" and "best at winning"... you get into the territory of really arbitrary and subjective judgments. If this were ssbm I'd straight up call that a scrub attitude, but even in ssb... the "skill level" (whatever that means) and "winning capability" are basically the same.
No.

Skill is not everything. There are other factors. Experience, mindgames...

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
No.

Skill is not everything. There are other factors. Experience, mindgames...
This is exactly what I'm saying. Since you're not defining skill as the metric that is measured by winning, you're making an arbitrary judgment as to what you call skill. Apparently you don't consider the ability to predict and surprise your opponent (mindgames) as skill, nor intimate knowledge of your character's moveset, hitboxes, and combos (experience).

Are you referring to pure technical skill?

NixxxoN

Smash Master
yes, technical skill. You dont need to have much technical skill to do mindgames... And experience has nothing to do with skill

D

Deleted member

why aren't you guys giving this a chance? Frog isn't a B hes a B++. Just because he ***** you doesn't mean he continuously ***** the A team. The B rank isn't a B in high school, its the Blowjob rank as in you are similar level to me as I explained clearly in the first post. I know for sure that he and I are about the same in skill level so I just put him as B++ to give him the benefit of the doubt. If People like YOU were to make up the rankings, you would just put whoever ***** you in the A list.

Also, Nixxxon do u know what u are talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom