• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bizzarro Flame Retires from Professional Smash

Photo Courtesy Of Team YP

It was announced today by Team YP that Jason "Bizzarro Flame" Yoon would be retiring from professional eSports to focus on his career as an attorney. Originally signed by the team in June of 2015, his stunning plays, hard reads, and undeniable style have been a pleasure to watch for many throughout his entire competitive career, as his Ganondorf is considered one of the best in Melee. Bizzarro Flame has this to say in the official announcement:

“It has been a wonderful and amazing experience working with Team YP. Unfortunately, there comes a time when a person has to prioritize on other career goals for the betterment of his or her own future. Nevertheless, I have learned so much from this team, and I could not have asked for a better sponsor. My involvement in the competitive Super Smash Bros. Melee community will be limited from now on, but I will still visit/attend events here and there to show my support for the community. I would like to deeply thank Team YP for providing me with opportunities to explore my potential as a professional player and providing me with the utmost support anytime I needed assistance. And I truly thank the team for completely understanding my decision to concentrate on my legal career.”

We wish Jason the best of luck in all his future endeavors. Have a favorite moment or gfycat with Bizzarro? Sad to see him go? Sound off in the comments below and stay tuned to Smashboards for everything in Smash news.

Comments

Bizz, you've deeply inspired me to become a highly disrespectful Ganon when I use him in Sm4sh. Wizkick spikes and offstage warlock punches all the way.

See you Bizzarro Flame. Wish you the best in your future career as Bizzarro Flame: Ace Attorney!

Bizz has made Ganon one of my favorite characters to play as. Good luck to him in the future and hope to see him at tourneys occasionally!

As an older member of the community, I can't say enough how great an influence this is for all ages really. Best of luck in your endeavors. And to others, If you're sad about this news, you're only reading the headline. He's not saying goodbye, he's leveling up.

Gan is the man, only respect to anyone who has done him as much justice as you have. Good luck.

Last edited:
Good luck, Bizz. Your playstyle is what inspired me to play Melee competitively. But the fact that you became as well known as you did while doing law school and the fact that you're prioritizing your career over smash now inspires me to keep my head on straight and focus on what really matters.

I find Bizz to be a very admirable player not only for his eazy monay shenanigans but because he was able to pursue a great career as well. We will miss you. I've always wanted to meet him in person because he seems like a great guy. He's one of the few players where I watch the player cam because he seems like he is genuinely having a great time while playing, Thank you for teaching everyone, including someone new to the scene like me, what Smash is about. Never stop making dat EZ $$$

Biz you were the guy that inspired me to use Ganon in Smash4. I only have respect for you and wish you the best of luck(hopefully our paths cross again)

Attachments

Photo Courtesy Of Team YP

It was announced today by Team YP that Jason "Bizzarro Flame" Yoon would be retiring from professional eSports to focus on his career as an attorney. Originally signed by the team in June of 2015, his stunning plays, hard reads, and undeniable style have been a pleasure to watch for many throughout his entire competitive career, as his Ganondorf is considered one of the best in Melee. Bizzarro Flame has this to say in the official announcement:

“It has been a wonderful and amazing experience working with Team YP. Unfortunately, there comes a time when a person has to prioritize on other career goals for the betterment of his or her own future. Nevertheless, I have learned so much from this team, and I could not have asked for a better sponsor. My involvement in the competitive Super Smash Bros. Melee community will be limited from now on, but I will still visit/attend events here and there to show my support for the community. I would like to deeply thank Team YP for providing me with opportunities to explore my potential as a professional player and providing me with the utmost support anytime I needed assistance. And I truly thank the team for completely understanding my decision to concentrate on my legal career.”

We wish Jason the best of luck in all his future endeavors. Have a favorite moment or gfycat with Bizzarro? Sad to see him go? Sound off in the comments below and stay tuned to Smashboards for everything in Smash news.

You were the one who inspired me to play Ganon.

Good luck in Law Bizz, we'll miss you.

Bizzarro Flame is the only guy who inspired me to main Ganondorf in smash series. It's really sad to see him go, but pursuing better goal is more important than anything.

Top Bottom