• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bizzarro Flame Retires from Professional Smash

Photo Courtesy Of Team YP

It was announced today by Team YP that Jason "Bizzarro Flame" Yoon would be retiring from professional eSports to focus on his career as an attorney. Originally signed by the team in June of 2015, his stunning plays, hard reads, and undeniable style have been a pleasure to watch for many throughout his entire competitive career, as his Ganondorf is considered one of the best in Melee. Bizzarro Flame has this to say in the official announcement:

“It has been a wonderful and amazing experience working with Team YP. Unfortunately, there comes a time when a person has to prioritize on other career goals for the betterment of his or her own future. Nevertheless, I have learned so much from this team, and I could not have asked for a better sponsor. My involvement in the competitive Super Smash Bros. Melee community will be limited from now on, but I will still visit/attend events here and there to show my support for the community. I would like to deeply thank Team YP for providing me with opportunities to explore my potential as a professional player and providing me with the utmost support anytime I needed assistance. And I truly thank the team for completely understanding my decision to concentrate on my legal career.”

We wish Jason the best of luck in all his future endeavors. Have a favorite moment or gfycat with Bizzarro? Sad to see him go? Sound off in the comments below and stay tuned to Smashboards for everything in Smash news.

Comments

Attourney, huh?

I wonder if that could mean he'd be a good source of insight on all the politics in the legal system, I mean, how easy would it be for smashers to ask him "what would *such-and-such* mean" should it relate to Smash?

I wish him luck in that alien world of [legal] politics, though...

Last edited:
Hope he has a very good future ahead of him! He's certainly made his mark as the most stylish Ganondorf in history.

Biz is a true boon to the melee community. Gave so many great entertaining moments in the games lifespan, and I know his success will be guaranteed in the future, and I hope he comes back when he's hit the big time as a successful attorney.

Sad to see such a stylin' and profilin' Ganon go, but I guess life comes before Smash.

Still, I sincerely hope he'll eventually find the time to come back to competetive Smash even after he gets a professional career as an atourney; I mean, an atourney who can style and profile on the best is an atourney I'd want.

It was so much fun to watch Bizzaro play, I hope his legal career goes well. The next event he attends though I hope he lists his tag as Bizzaro Flame: Ace Attorney.

As much as I would love to see Bizzarro continue his Smash career, I respect his decision to pursue his Attorney position. It's heartbreaking to see such a notable figure leave, but that's nothing I can change.

Good luck, you living legend! Come back to visit, soon!

So much of the way I play Ganondorf comes from Bizarro Flame; he was a bigger influence on me than Kage. If he's as good an attorney as a Ganondorf then he must be swimming in cash right now, so I understand his departure. Good luck, sensei.

Last edited:
Good luck with the career! IF I'm ever in a legal bind ill make you my first choice ;p Tomorrows game of smash I shall play Ganon in a sending out of a great player

Good luck with becoming an Attorney, Biz. You were one of my favorite Melee players and it's sad to see you go, but we'll continue to support you.

Well, I guess it's Ganon's time to return to the Shadow Realm and reap on everybody's souls. Bye Bizzarro. This community wont be the same without you

Good luck to this guy on his future. Let's be real: for most of us, Smash alone won't pay the bills.

Get that money.

Welp, only one true video to end this...
(In all seriousness Jason, I wish you luck in the future. Being an attorney must be some hard-a** s**t.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom