• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bizzare Project M SD Card issue

Thamauturge

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I've been experiencing some difficulty with PM lately.

The SD Card that I've used for years still works, but I wanted to go into it and replace some of my old BTSRM files with some updated ones. Little did I know, the card has malfunctioned and I cannot write any new files on to it. It is a read only card now (this is despite making sure that the card is unlocked)

I got a new SD Card and figured that all I would have to do is put the files from the old one onto the new one and I would be able to write new files to a card again. This card, however, doesn't even seem to show up at all on the Homebrew channel despite having the same exact collection of files on it as the old one. It treats it as if it is an unreadable card.

I'm at a loss here; the card is FAT 32, so it should work fine. I've even tried a fresh dump to the SD Card with nothing on it but PM, and yet it does not work. How can I get this card to read PM?

To make matters even more annoying, it seems that putting it into my Wii makes the card permanently write protected. What? This makes no sense at all.

Last edited:

Joe Viewtiful

Smash Cadet
This sounds a lot like a problem I had recently with my SD. Try taking your original SD and back up all the files on it to a new folder on your desktop so you'll still have them. Once those files are all backed up, try formatting that same card to the following settngs:

-FAT32 with 4096 bytes and have the "Quick Format" box selected.

Once the card is formatted and empty, try pasting the old files to it and see if they restore properly. If they do, then you should once again be able to write files to that card. Let me know if this helps you. Good Luck.

Top Bottom