• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bigger SD card = more saved replays?

frootlooops

Smash Rookie
So I have this nasty habit of recording every victory I get (am I the only one who does this?) and just came to the point where I can no longer save any more replay vids. Can someone clarify if there's a specific number of replays you can store at once or is it directly related to the amount of memory remaining in the SD card? I'm also asking with regards to the 3DS version.

Actually, can you even save replays without an SD card?

Last edited:

Firehyphen

Can wavedash in Sm4sh.
NNID
Firehyphen

Yes you can save replays to the wiiu HDD.

Stop saving replays

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Has any confirmed what the maximum number of saved replays is? I was thinking 10, but I'm not entirely certain.

frootlooops

Smash Rookie
Replays do seem to save within the internal memory. I tried swapping to a bigger SD card and my 3DS replays would still cap at 64. I won't even bother counting my Wii U replays since I've got a ton of those (much more than 64, for sure)

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
The upper limit is just shy of 90.

I know because custom stages use the same slots. I can't save replays because I have so many custom stages.

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
Funny,how there's a certain limit for wii u smash since I have over 500 replays saved up from brawl.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Funny,how there's a certain limit for wii u smash since I have over 500 replays saved up from brawl.
It's undoubtedly because Brawl had such a gaping security flaw, so instead of fixing the hole, they crippled the features related to it.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Has any confirmed what the maximum number of saved replays is? I was thinking 10, but I'm not entirely certain.
I was just denied the opportunity to save a replay in Cruel Smash. I have 230 replays at the moment. Unfortunately adding an SD card does nothing for the sake of replays. :-( At least Brawl allowed offloading up to 1000 replays at a time to SD, and if you renamed that subdirectory, you could get another 1000, and so forth. I had more than 10,000 Brawl replays saved to a single 2 GB SD card. Smash 4 is definitely a downgrade in this department.

Top Bottom