• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Big Mac (mmmmmm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
Hey, is his (assumed) final smash from a Punch-Out game, or is it just made up. Either way, it goes against the spirit of Little Mac, in my opinion. He shouldn't be better just because he is bigger, that's the whole point of him being small in the games.

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
You know what's funny? We didn't see him transform. We saw him throw his head back and then the camera cut to Giga Mac.
Sakurai's known for trolling us....
So while it's technically blatantly obvious that Giga is his Final Smash...maybe he's just trolling us again.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
They wanted to call him Big Mac, but he's called Giga Mac in PO Wii because Copyright.

That said, while I never really cared for it because it's not what Mac is about, it is practically tailor-made for an FS, and is probably alot of fun.

So I ain't even mad.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
You know what's funny? We didn't see him transform. We saw him throw his head back and then the camera cut to Giga Mac.
Sakurai's known for trolling us....
So while it's technically blatantly obvious that Giga is his Final Smash...maybe he's just trolling us again.
I don't think we're being trolled. As Little Mac is shaking he's surrounded by the aura characters get when they break a Smash ball.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I don't get this whole "it goes against the spirit of Mac".

It's only in multiplayer, where you're on equal ground with your opponent. It doesn't happen in single player. Besides, he's got a cool theme.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I don't get this whole "it goes against the spirit of Mac".

It's only in multiplayer, where you're on equal ground with your opponent. It doesn't happen in single player. Besides, he's got a cool theme.
I guess people feel that Little Mac is supposed to represent the David vs Goliath type match always, and if he turns into a Goliath himself, then there's not much of a point.

I don't really consider it to be canon, but it's still a cool feature to go all Hulk Smash on everyone in SSB matches.

Also, it would help to know WHY he turns that way. XD I mean, what exactly IS the Mac Juice?

Smady

Smash Master
This was the perfect choice for his final smash. It's true he is a simple character, but to me that only makes it more perfect that the one time he is anything but the underdog it's developed into his super attack. That's what these are meant to be about, after all, an all-out blitz that has no regard for logic or balance.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
I guess people feel that Little Mac is supposed to represent the David vs Goliath type match always, and if he turns into a Goliath himself, then there's not much of a point.
I interpret it as being reflective of Mac's inferiority complex (as seen during the Samus shot). FS makes him start over compensating for his normal height.

Last edited:

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
Final Smashes give the heroes the power to summon or transform into whatever they please providing Master Hand allows it. Even if Giga Mac wasn't canon, his appearance wouldn't be too much of a shock. Also, we've finally got a final form character! Super Smash Flash 2 was right afterall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom