• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Big Diel Smash Project M Results

metroid1117

Smash Master
Big Diel Smash was a tournament hosted by SIUE eSports, Alpha Phi Omega, and Heroic Adventures and held in the Morris University Center at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville (SIUE). Although it featured many side-events (including Melee Singles, Project M Singles and Doubles, and Brawl Singles), the following are the Project M Singles Results. Please post in this thread or contact the event hosts via the Facebook Event page if you lost or misplaced any items at the event.

Project M Singles Playlist

Project M Pools
1: Moti
1: drugfreechu
1: Brawn
1: zork
1: SleepyPaladin
1: metroid
1: Shrug
1: Tails
9: Gyro
9: LinkinParkGoku
9: Shima
9: !?
9: TheD
9: Levinly
9: Rice
9: Jew
17: Slurpy
17: Kaz
17: DirtyDan
17: Chris
17: JohnConnor
17: Foot
17: Andy
17: Josie
25: Rhys
25: John
25: Chad
25: Grus
25: Bear
25: hcat
25: Satan
25: WilE
33: Virgin
33: DeadlyHooves
33: BeardyDave
33: Shim
33: OreoTheMike
33: Nack
33: Hop
33: Kon
41: odnetnin
41: Kumar
41: Zamid
41: TPOT
41: oneslipper
41: Kha
41: Dizzy
41: Kratterpunch
49: Ashadow
49: Sni
49: Purce
49: Rhodi
49: Mwm
49: Spiro
49: Miss Pug

*Note - A seventh player was added to the pool after the tournament had started.

*Note - Some results were modified to avoid dealing with ties in TIO.
Project M Bracket
Big Diel Smash - PM Singles Bracket (56 entrants)
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
metroid
$96.00
2nd
drugfreechu
$48.00
3rd
LinkinParkGoku
$16.00
4th
Moti
5th
Shrug
5th
Brawn
7th
Gyro
7th
Levinly
9th
Rhys
9th
John
9th
TheD
9th
Shima
13th
Chad
13th
SleepyPaladin
13th
Tails
13th
Slurpy
17th
Jew
17th
Chris
17th
Foot
17th
!?
17th
JohnConnor
17th
Kaz
17th
zork
17th
DirtyDan
25th
Josie
25th
Andy
25th
Bear
25th
Rice
25th
hcat
25th
Grus
25th
WileE
25th
Satan
Shout-outs to Nick, Justin, Nathan, Ben, Jacob, and any other members of the aforementioned clubs who helped to host this event, it was a blast. Shout-outs to my doubles partner, LincolnParkGoku, for carrying me to 1st. Shout-outs to Moti and drugfreechu for having an amazingly hype Winners Semis set. Shout-outs to Genma for whooping me in Brawl, 2-0 in WQ and 3-0 in GF. Shout-outs outs to all my opponents in Brawl Singles for reminding me why I played Brawl in the first place - I haven't played Brawl in a long time, but it was great to sit down and have fun with you guys. Lastly, shout-outs to the post-tournament BDubs crew, it was nice to put the controller away, sit down, and get to know you all better while enjoying good food. GGs everyone, I hope to see you next time :).

Last edited:

The Dirtiest Dan

Smash Rookie
Thanks to everyone who came out. I'm relatively new to the smash scene and this is the first time I made it out of pools. Shoutout to Metroid for being a super friendly guy and to everyone from the Springfield crew for being amazing especially Shrug, drugfreechu, shima, and the doubles team that Tails and I played (Lucas, Wario).

Mr. Moti

Smash Rookie
Hey Brian, thank you for everything. You and LinkinParkGoku were so much help. Thank you for spotting the table an appetizer at Bdubs too lol. I'll try to get the results from PM Dubs, Melee Singles, and Brawl Singles when I can coordinate with Nathan next.

Thanks to drugfreechu for partnering with that 8 year old girl. Awesome of you to do that man. I hope to see you and the rest of the Springfield crew more often. I'll definitely head up to any event you guys have.

It was cool seeing so much hidden talent at SIUE. I had so much interest in weekly tournaments starting up, and that makes me excited.

I'm happy that our first tournament got almost 80 unique entrants. Big shout out to everyone that made it possible.

Last edited:

Shrug

Smash Cadet
This tournament was really enjoyable. I met so many awesome people and played a lot of intense sets. Shoutout to Drugfreechu for repping Springfield. I'm so happy you made it to winners and grand finals. Who would have guessed you would make it that far after 9 months of tournament experience? You're an amazing player, and I'm happy we get to practice together. Shoutout to Shima as well for his strong performance. Your Zelda really turned some heads. I'm glad you were able to make the trip with us. Finally, shoutout to Moti for that really fun losers quarters(?) set. Your Yoshi is insane, and you put in some serious work with him yesterday.

metroid1117

Smash Master
This tournament was really enjoyable. I met so many awesome people and played a lot of intense sets. Shoutout to Drugfreechu for repping Springfield. I'm so happy you made it to winners and grand finals. Who would have guessed you would make it that far after 9 months of tournament experience? You're an amazing player, and I'm happy we get to practice together.
... Drugfreechu has only been playing for 9 months? It's unfair how amazing he is relative to the amount of time he's played for -____-.

Shrug

Smash Cadet
To be fair, he started taking the game seriously about 13 months ago. We just didn't make it out to a tournament until January.

Genma316

Smash Rookie
Great tourney, real hype matches, good people and good times all around. Still salty Moti lost

JPGanon

Smash Rookie
Huge shout-outs to Metroid and Brian (idk your real tag) for stepping up and helping me and Nick out. You guys were seriously a huge life savor. Shout outs to Drugfreechew, Shrug and Shima for making the trip from Springfield and equally impressing. And shout outs to Genma for playing yoshi and winning brawl. Shout outs to STL breeding Yoshi players apparently? Shout outs to those dads for staying all day.

Last edited:

Shrug

Smash Cadet
If you guys do get weeklies going, that would be amazing. Springfield would definitely try to come out as often as we can. Is there a Facebook group where you will be posting updates about this?

JPGanon

Smash Rookie
If you guys do get weeklies going, that would be amazing. Springfield would definitely try to come out as often as we can. Is there a Facebook group where you will be posting updates about this?
Not one specific one but we will post info in most or all of the different STL smash group pages. We will post something on here as well. Hoping to get them started in a week or so.

Top Bottom