• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Big Battlefield form for every stage: yay or nay?

D

Deleted member

You can say the regular Battlefield layout can fit 8 players already, but that would make the space less restricted.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I wouldn't hate it, and it seems within the realm of small "why not" changes they've revealed so far. But, given how many stages seem to be coming back, I'd be surprised if they didn't just assume that there's plenty of "big" stages for the I'm sure relatively small number of people who play 8 player smash consistently to entertain themselves on.

LemonGuy

Smash Rookie
I gotta go with yay. Opens up more opportunities for competitive play, especially the regular battlefield mode. It gets really boring- competitively and for fun- playing on the same old omega form of a stage with no platforms for everyone’s use. It’s not fun to watch, or play. It might be a big change, but I can see battlefield mode being used. Big battlefield on the other hand is more for fun, but it would be cool to see a competitive 1v1 in a big battlefield in a tournament. It’s cool to see all the stages being in battlefield mode for a fair match, and some nice scenery.

Also am I the only one that noticed bayonetta wasn’t nerfed?

Dracyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dracyoshi
It'd always be nice to have more options, but there's already a good amount of options for 8 Player Smash with the sheer amount of stages available and all of the largest stages have been brought back. The development time would be better spent on something else.
But if they had unlimited development resources to do it without cutting features, then yeah sure

Airplanepilot501

Smash Rookie
NNID
Airplanepilot501
I don't think it's necessary, because from the looks of it, a lot of stages support 8 players.
By the way, I'm glad to be back after 4 years!

Top Bottom