• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BG melee in Mastic Beach NY

Veda

Smash Rookie

I know this is kinda' short notice but I didn't know if there was going to be enough people interested in attending.

The last tournament went ok so the owner is interested in holding these more often. Here's the address again; 199 Mastic Beach Rd, Mastic Beach, NY 11951. Same deal as last time, I'm going to open the venue a few hours before the tournament starts so people can play some friendlies.

Prices;
Venue $10
Singles $10

Rules;
Items are set to off.
Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes.
Standard DSR.

Starters/Neutrals;
Yoshi’s Story
Fountain of Dreams
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dream Land

Counterpick;
Pokemon Stadium

Stage Bans;
For Best of 3 sets, each player gets 1 stage ban.
For Best of 5 sets, there are no stage bans.

Grape Ape

Smash Apprentice
im at work untill 6 and have to drive from bayshore, would 6:30-7 be too late to make the tourney?

Waveshine

Smash Rookie
I'd be willing to go. Hopefully others will come as well. I know this is gonna be like an "OMG A LITTLE KID" moment but my mom is giving me tons of crap about coming because she feels that Mastic is an unsafe area. I'm hoping I can go, and possibly bring my friend. Best of luck whether I can make it or not!

silverliight

Smash Cadet
hey Veda just wondering if the time is correct. so the tournament is at 6:00pm-9:30pm right? just wondering if my eyes are playing tricks on me

Veda

Smash Rookie
I originally saved the event at 3-6:30 (although people can probably stay later then that) and for some reason it showed up as 6-9:30, I have no idea why. Anyway I'd like to start the tournament by at least 4-4:30, I'm sorry if that inconveniences anyone. As far as transportation goes you might be able to find a bus that goes out here, also I know some people in Deer Park and I'll try to get in contact with them.

Veda

Smash Rookie
The venue opens in the morning, but I'll probably be there 2-3 hours earlier with some set-ups. Also anyone that can provide cubes or TV's would be awesome, we need cubes more than TV's as I have a bunch of small TV's.

Waveshine

Smash Rookie
So If I came at 2:00 pm with a TV and a cube it would be ok? Also I'm bringing at least one other person, probably another one as well. I dont know if you need a head count or what. Looking forward to it!

Waveshine

Smash Rookie
Is there going to be prize money? No clue if I will win it but is there?
Also what is the tournament structure? As in is there a Winner's / Loser's or just straight up you lose, you get eliminated?

GunStar Omega

Smash Cadet
Nick, any chance I could get a ride with the Kings Park crew for this? I'd probably try to call you or Boat Mode by the tournament to get organized for it.

Veda

Smash Rookie
I'll definitely be there by 2 and yes there will be prize money, the last tourney I held there first place won a decent amount, mostly depends on how many people show up, also depending on the turn-out I might start a doubles bracket. The tournament is basically double-elimination, lose once and your sent to losers bracket and your out if you lose again in that bracket. Also, losers/winners semi's and upwards are best of 5, every other match is best of 3.

Smashjin

Smash Ace
I'll definitely be there by 2 and yes there will be prize money, the last tourney I held there first place won a decent amount, mostly depends on how many people show up, also depending on the turn-out I might start a doubles bracket. The tournament is basically double-elimination, lose once and your sent to losers bracket and your out if you lose again in that bracket. Also, losers/winners semi's and upwards are best of 5, every other match is best of 3.
You do top 3 money? 60/30/10 or something?

Edit: for anyone from Long Island in here and not yet on the player list: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=307155&page=42

Veda

Smash Rookie
I'm not exactly sure how the money is split, last time the tourney was held there the manager figured everything out in terms of winnings, but 60/30/10 sounds about right.

Vark

Smash Rookie
I'll be attending as well. Hopefully we can get some more people this time. The last one that was hosted was pretty decent actually!.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Why is this on fri? I cant go b/c of work (this means i wont be able to defend my title from winning the 1st tourney)

:phone:

Veda

Smash Rookie
I just talked to the owner and it turns out I can't change the date sorry to those you can't make it.

Codi

Smash Ace
its all good its just the one day of the week i can't get off unless i give like a month in advance lol

Waveshine

Smash Rookie
Allright so just to clarify (with all the confusion about changing the day) : the tourney is at the same place as listed, I can still show up at 2 pm, and its still tomorrow, friday, the 20th of july. Just so were clear.

Veda

Smash Rookie
For anyone that's confused, nothing has changed concerning the time and date. I'll be there by at least noon tomorrow.

battlegrounds

Smash Cadet
transportation

If anyone needs transportation from The Shirley-Mastic train station call the store ill pick you up. 631-772-6786

Vark

Smash Rookie
Just to clarify the event starts at 5 PM. with Friendlys going on from 12PM. Not 6pm. The event time got mixed up. I'm pretty sure this was said already; just making it more clear for people who didn't already know. Also Bring SET UPS! SET UPS! SET UPS! SET UPS! SET UPS!

Veda

Smash Rookie
Really sorry for all this confusion, but the tournament isn't going to start until 5pm because a bunch of people can't get here until later, but everyone is welcome to come a few hours earlier to warm up.

Top Bottom