• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Better Waddledee Projectile

Keta

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if someone has said anything about this or not.. but I was playing wifi, and I accidently fsmashed a Waddledee, and it went flying towards my opponent hitting him and killing him off to the side. I figure this could very easily be used as a projectile.

Giga Hand

Smash Journeyman
It's like the Falcon Punch. Hard to land, but definitely worth it. Also, you're not just limited to the Fsmash, you can use most any attack.

nomnomnom

Smash Cadet
I'm thinking ftilt and dtilt would be better moves to hit WDees at people... would be a fun trick to master and it might come in handy every now and then. I'll do a bit of testing later to see if different moves launch WDees at different trajectories.

limitbreak

Smash Ace
Yea I was just using that before. The problem is, when you throw it, you have to run it down first. Now this could be countered by getting hit while throwing it (hard) or by throwing it at someone nearby (risky). Now the real problem is actually hitting someone with it.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
When a waddledee falls, I sometimes grab it. all you have to do is press A on it, and he immediately throws it. In many ways I consider DDD's waddledees better then Peach's turnips.

chubb-o-wub

Smash Journeyman
Well, if Dedede can do this, I suppose other characters can do this as well, probably giving them a well-needed projectile, even if it's hard to aim.

EdSam

Smash Cadet
That screws me over SO much! I got to do a sh aerial or something, and picks that little bugger up instead and screws everything! I don't like it. =\
I agree. I consider wandering waddledees an enormous liability. Being able to reuse them has very little value because you can just pull out another one if need be. But the game FORCING you to re-throw them if you do an aerial (or some other move) usually has serious consequences, sometimes costing you the stock. :(

nomnomnom

Smash Cadet
So different attacks do knock them different ways with different speeds, but it's really hard to get going as dedede is so slow and the waddledees walk fairly fast. I don't see hitting waddledees at people to be a very useful strat... it takes too much to get it going in-game.

Top Bottom